Worm id request

Llg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed these little worms on my glass last night after lights out. There were about 7 of them. They were about 1/2 inch to 3/4 of an inch long. They are thin and white and move pretty easily across the glass. They were really thin and I had to use a magnifying lens to take a picture. The head does appear to either have small antenna or it is slightly larger than the body. I could really tell.

Sorry for the photo quality. That was the best I could get. I have seen deritus worms in freshwater and these are the same thinness, but they are longer and don't swim in the water column.

Thanks

Picture_20210609120619.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Looks like detritus worms for which I would increase water changes and cut back a little on amount of food being fed
Detritus Worms are annelid worms; this is the phylum that includes the segmented worms such as earthworms and leeches. They look like thin, pointy, white-brown strings that wiggle through the water and between pebbles. Detritus Worms are detritivores, meaning that they only eat decomposing plant and animal waste material; they will not harm your fish.

OP
OP
L

Llg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Was having issues with Dinos, so increased feedings. Take is 6 months old and I also have to dose phosphate every day, so I will have to find a balance

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back