Worm ID

Michaelsgeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have started to notice small holes in the bone structure of my hammer coral and in the last few days it seems like it’s health is declining. I thought maybe nutrients were low and the bone structure was just crumbling or something.

Just by chance today I saw a small and I mean small white worm looking thing shoot from one hole on the hammer to another. Could the be the source of all his problems? What could this worm like thing be? I wish I had a picture of it but it was only a split second and I haven’t seen it come back out.

If this is what’s harming the hammer what is my best course of action? Will it harm my other corals?

Thank you guys so much for your help!

OP
OP
M

Michaelsgeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the base of the hammer and the holes.

EBBDB15F-4C7B-42D2-B1BC-DB8277620367.jpeg 5F4D2DA5-B43B-4B96-8F1B-E09BEAAC09EA.jpeg

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had them but all I would think is flat worm but I've never seen them burrow?

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have what your describing living in some of my live rock. Would be almost impossible to get a pic. White, little thicker than a hair, pretty darn quick, goes hole to hole?

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea what it is. Mine lives in a piece of live rock covered in mushrooms. I was going to post about it 6-7 months ago but it’s hard to describe. I only see it once in a great while at night.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 54.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
Back