Worms - burn them with fire?

siniang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I just noticed these worms in one corner of my tank. At this point they're still small, but they're many. :eek: Bristleworms or something equally bad?

IMG_7783.JPG

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I just noticed these worms in one corner of my tank. At this point they're still small, but they're many. :eek: Bristleworms or something equally bad?

IMG_7783.JPG
Not sure what it is exactly. Looks very menacing. Bristle worms are actually a very good thing to have as part of a CUC. This I'm not sure! Are those tiny white specs close to the larger ones worms also?
#reefsquad let's call for backup.

OP
OP
S

siniang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what it is exactly. Looks very menacing. Bristle worms are actually a very good thing to have as part of a CUC. This I'm not sure! Are those tiny white specs close to the larger ones worms also?
#reefsquad let's call for backup.

Yes, I think those tiny white spots are also...something. The same just smaller. They literally popped up over night.

ReefdUp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had those or something extremely similar for years. What I have stay tiny and are very shy. But, they're very aggressive food-stealers. They tend to hide under my coral and then zip out to get any food from target feeding. They were never a nuisance.

OP
OP
S

siniang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far I only see them on the silicone. They don't seem to be moving. :confused:

OP
OP
S

siniang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! :)

Now, how do I get them from the silicone halfway up the tank onto the substrate where they can actually help? Just I move them or just let be and hope they'll find their own way?

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might be able to blast them loose with a jet from a turkey-baster, after which they should settle to the rock or sand. I'm intrigued by their apparent social behavior, hanging out together as they are.

~Bruce

ajm83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might be able to blast them loose with a jet from a turkey-baster, after which they should settle to the rock or sand. I'm intrigued by their apparent social behavior, hanging out together as they are.

~Bruce

I don't have those worms in my tank, but I get clusters of those munnid isopods on the glass if I miss a patch when I'm scraping it. So maybe those guys are doing the same, eating up the slime or whatever was left on the glass.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, those are cool looking, I think they are Godzilla larvae, want some. :D

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That's quite a few of them. have any wrasses in your tank?
Looks like fillet Mignon for a lunare or 6 lined wrasse

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's quite a few of them. have any wrasses in your tank?
Looks like fillet Mignon for a lunare or 6 lined wrasse
I had some visible all the time at one point, then added a six line. 2 minutes in the tank and it went to town on them. I still have them, but not like before. Well at least not on the glass anymore.

They are a good thing to have though. They will devour anything missed by fish or corals.

Back