Worms coming out of no where after dosing copepods?!!!

Dingo1690

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant catch a picture yet but as the title says i see these little worms that are popping out of the substrate and LR that are chasing the pods???...they are very small and do not look like a bristle worm or anything?? HELP!! I trying to start a good population of pods to add a mandarin goby.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can you get a picture of them?

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant catch a picture yet but as the title says i see these little worms that are popping out of the substrate and LR that are chasing the pods???...they are very small and do not look like a bristle worm or anything?? HELP!! I trying to start a good population of pods to add a mandarin goby.
Look like this.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Time for a worm trap or wrasse or two to eradicate them. I believe Arrow crab will consume them

1569977798572.png

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosing pods has to be one of the biggest scams in reefing. Cant believe ppl actually BUY pods, lol

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If it's a small white worm, they do hunt pods to the point of extinction from my experience.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Arrow crabs Will put them away

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a mandarin dragonet....so not a scam in my situation
So do i and have had one in every tank I've ever owned so yes it's a scam perpetuated by noobs on this forum that you MUST add pods to have success. Pure crap!

The pod population reproduces at a very fast rate suitable to more than sustain a so gle mandarin just by feeding your fish. I cant believe all 3 of my pod eaters havent starved to death since I never bought pods... mandarin, cbb, and filefish.

OP
OP
Dingo1690

Dingo1690

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So do i and have had one in every tank I've ever owned so yes it's a scam perpetuated by noobs on this forum that you MUST add pods to have success. Pure crap!

The pod population reproduces at a very fast rate suitable to more than sustain a so gle mandarin just by feeding your fish. I cant believe all 3 of my pod eaters havent starved to death since I never bought pods... mandarin, cbb, and filefish.
okay lol so teach me your ways then!?

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Pods DO reproduce quite fast, but not every tank can support enough to keep a mandarin. My tank is going on 18 months and ! have NEVER seen a pod of ANY kind. the only fish in the tank are 2 clowns and a wrasse. There is NO way I could keep a mandarin in this tank, even if I added pods. I feel that part of the reason I have none is that I started with dry rock and sand never really had many pods to get things going.

I have had mandarins starve in a 135g, 3 yr old reef because the pods were unable to sustain populations capable of supporting a single mandarin. Mandarins eat A LOT of pods and many tanks, even large ones can NOT support them.

OP
OP
Dingo1690

Dingo1690

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pods DO reproduce quite fast, but not every tank can support enough to keep a mandarin. My tank is going on 18 months and ! have NEVER seen a pod of ANY kind. the only fish in the tank are 2 clowns and a wrasse. There is NO way I could keep a mandarin in this tank, even if I added pods. I feel that part of the reason I have none is that I started with dry rock and sand never really had many pods to get things going.

I have had mandarins starve in a 135g, 3 yr old reef because the pods were unable to sustain populations capable of supporting a single mandarin. Mandarins eat A LOT of pods and many tanks, even large ones can NOT support them.
see i was thinking that way...its happy but i dose everyday and well well established a month prior...its only a 12g all in one...for now

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back