Worms ID

Backtolifemassage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi can anyone identify this worm. It was in the sand bed. This one isn’t alone. I need to know what to do. Thanks in advance.

02A51F43-D18E-4EA2-B324-4F0F75EE539B.jpeg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has legs like a millipede
Yup. Think of them like this. Good for a tank, as they eat any left over bits of food. They will also regulate their population based on available food. So if you see a ton, maybe cut back on the amount you feed. If you see a few, all good. We all know fish never eat everything you put in lol.

Also, do not touch them with your hands. Even heavily calloused hands like mine, the "bristles" will stick in the skin and they are are a tad bit annoying/burn a little.

OP
OP
B

Backtolifemassage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. Think of them like this. Good for a tank, as they eat any left over bits of food. They will also regulate their population based on available food. So if you see a ton, maybe cut back on the amount you feed. If you see a few, all good. We all know fish never eat everything you put in lol.

Also, do not touch them with your hands. Even heavily calloused hands like mine, the "bristles" will stick in the skin and they are are a tad bit annoying/burn a little.

good to know. I won’t pick it up again. I found 2 so hopefully that’s good enough. Thank you everyone

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back