Worms?!?

downonthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey!

My midas blenny has ribs in his stomach? It seems he’s either constipated or has worms? Can anybody help me to identify what’s going on? He is pooing (as seen in the video) but it tends to be these long strands that are there for a while? I’m not sure if i’m overfeeding or what. Him and my Tomini tang were both purchased from the same place and arrived at the same time. My tomini tang appears to have a similar bump on his side but i’m not aure if that’s just his ribs. My clown, dwarf angel and sand sifting goby all have round plumb stomachs not all bumpy and rough.

Tiegan

Attachments

• IMG_4254.MP4
    7.2 MB
OP
OP
downonthereef

downonthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry, I cannot help. Looks like he is constipated, I have seen this before and nothing has ever happened to the fish.
I only notice it once he has eaten, he seems fine in the morning so maybe he’s eating a little too much, he’ll make light work of most foods I put into the tank

TDEcoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stringy white poo is indicative of intestinal worms.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey!

My midas blenny has ribs in his stomach? It seems he’s either constipated or has worms? Can anybody help me to identify what’s going on? He is pooing (as seen in the video) but it tends to be these long strands that are there for a while? I’m not sure if i’m overfeeding or what. Him and my Tomini tang were both purchased from the same place and arrived at the same time. My tomini tang appears to have a similar bump on his side but i’m not aure if that’s just his ribs. My clown, dwarf angel and sand sifting goby all have round plumb stomachs not all bumpy and rough.

Tiegan
Mucus/stringy feces can be a symptom of a variety of issues, some serious, and others less so. Here is an article I posted about this, but the mucus in feces is only a short section of the post:

It could be bacteria or protozoans. Much less often, is it internal worms. Most fish with internal worms have normal feces, but they just lose weight.

If you could move the fish to a treatment tank, one option would be to treat with API General Cure. This would help with protozoans and worms, but not with bacterial issues.

Jay

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back