Worry some....?

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning I looked into my tank and found my Tri-color that Surf sent me this past year in my F. ricordea. It happened to fall into the largest ricordea I have too....Needless to say there is a few bare spots on it now, what is the recouperative properties of these SPS? My ricordea looked awfull today too, kinda looked like it was being burned by some other coral. When I pulled the Tri-color out of the ricordea it really had a grip on it, like I pulled on the frag of Tri-color and the whole rock of ricordea came with it. I actually had to shake it off.....Any thoughts would be great.

I have 3 unknown Sea urchins that are in this tank and have no idea where they came from and they have been knocking the Ti-color around off it perch.So far this is the only place I have found that the Tri-color likes as it polyps are out almost all the time. They come out at night and seem to be eating algae. I tried to ID them and from what I saw on Wetwebmedia.com they look to be algae eating urchins( I guess).

James

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chances are that both will recover. It will take some time for this to happen, granted, but both will probably recover. Make sure that you have your corals properly fastened to your rockwork ;) :)

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it should recover if it doesn get streess in the tank maybe add a ridgid airline tube to the frag some way and stick it in a hold so they have a harder time moving it

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the tricolor should be fine, not sure who would win that battle, acros can be pretty nasty, but mushrooms are toxic as well.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you may lose some of the purple color in the tricolor, and it may turn brown while its healing. but yeah, both should be fine.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IT does look a little better today, I moved it to my frag rack for the moment until I can get this urchin moved or it finds a new spot to roam around....

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good to hear, hope it recovers quick!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back