Worst experience with Liveaquaria to date

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reeffraff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Placed a pretty standard order, couple fish and some CUC species. Got the shipping confirmation but it stated that some items were actually out of stock and were not going to ship. This has happened multiple times to me now and I would say at least 50% of my recent orders had this happen. So, it's not just an every once in awhile thing. They really need to figure out a way to alert the customer ahead of shipping so we can decide whether to modify or cancel the order (I would have greatly preferred to cancel in this case).
When I called to get some details I was met with the rudest customer service representative I've ever encountered at LA, by far. With the attitude I recieved anyone listening in on the conversation would have been convinced the rep was the upset customer. It was particularly shocking because LA has built a reputation for great customer service.
In summary, lots not going right at LA these days. Hopefully the new owners will get things turned around. For now, I'm spending my $$$ elsewhere.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reeffraff We are sorry to hear that we were unable to ship your order complete. We understand that availability has been concerning recently and will continue to work towards a better experience in the future. Most concerning is the service you are describing--We definitely pride ourselves in taking care of customers in a professional manner. We would like to look into this further, will you please PM us your order details? We will research and get back in touch with you tomorrow with a resolution. Thank you and have a nice evening

Mike N

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the incomplete order shipping is not very customer friendly.
LA isn't the only one guilty of this. It should be handled with a phone call/email to the customer to confirm they want the incomplete order.
That may result in a shipping delay but that is preferable to incomplete order IMO.

frydaddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got bit by that years ago, I was told by a rep to add a comment to only ship if complete order is filled or call if complete order can't be filled. I've done that on orders that mattered to me and either got the whole order, a call to see what I wanted to do, or the order was canceled.

Mike N

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got bit by that years ago, I was told by a rep to add a comment to only ship if complete order is filled or call if complete order can't be filled. I've done that on orders that mattered to me and either got the whole order, a call to see what I wanted to do, or the order was canceled.
Good tip.
That should be standard operating procedure.

frydaddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told that 15+ years ago, so really surprised it isn't standard operating procedure for them by now. But most of their inventory is drop shipped, so they don't actually have control. I've always gotten calls from vendors who have complete control of their inventory.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 45 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.5%
Back