Worst thing you have overheard at an LFS

BrandonS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone started a thread about worst advice from an LFS. This is for the worst stuff you have heard people say to the LFS.

For example. Was in a store and a guy was buying a tang. LFS starts to bag up the fish. Then the guy asks will this get along with my rainbow fish? LFS guy stops and asks "as in freshwater?" The guy says I don't know I just use water from the sink.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may not be applicable but...

I was once in a LFS where a guy picked the owner's brain for 30 minutes about a light. He let him play with the light & everything. When he finally asked the guy if he wanted to buy one, the guy replied that he saw it for $20 cheaper on Amazon and left. I think he's probably one of these people that would actually have the nerve to come back and ask for help if the light didn't work right. :eek:

OP
OP
BrandonS

BrandonS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was once in a LFS where a guy picked the owner's brain for 30 minutes about a light. He let him play with the light & everything. When he finally asked the guy if he wanted to buy one, the guy replied that he saw it for $20 cheaper on Amazon and left. I think he's probably one of these people that would actually have the nerve to come back and ask for help if the light didn't work right. :eek:

Lol, there are lots of those out there. I know I didn't buy this from you but could you set it up for me for free. Lol. People get so offended if you say no but they wouldn't do that for you themselves.

My buddy had a guy talk him down off a new tank setup then expected him to set it up for free and break down his old tank.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Terrible. Gas and time were not factored. Money aside the relationship has worth as well. Smh

OP
OP
BrandonS

BrandonS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terrible. Gas and time were not factored. Money aside the relationship has worth as well. Smh

That is what everybody says and that is why people see how much they can get. The store owner never knows if your never coming back or not. So they give you a little lee way because they want a return customer. Also don't want to risk a bad review. Doesn't mean it's right to take advantage.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is what everybody says and that is why people see how much they can get. The store owner never knows if your never coming back or not. So they give you a little lee way because they want a return customer. Also don't want to risk a bad review. Doesn't mean it's right to take advantage.
I’m trying to pick up what your putting down. Who is the one taking advantage in your situation? The owner or the customer? I was just saying it’s silly the customer did not weigh in other equitable variables when, he decided to go to an LfS for info and left to save 20dollars.

Anchor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard a store employee once tell a customer that Puffers and snails in a tank would be fine..
I once saw a store employee suggest using pH down to lower a salt water tanks pH and that 8.0 was too high. Yes, I did confirm they were talking about a salt water FOWLR tank.
Having worked in several stores over the years, I have heard a LOT of falsehood spoken.. more like misinformation I guess.. In most cases, it was not on purpose. FYI, the worst of it was at a BIG BOX pet store.

OP
OP
BrandonS

BrandonS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to pick up what your putting down. Who is the one taking advantage in your situation? The owner or the customer? I was just saying it’s silly the customer did not weigh in other equitable variables when, he decided to go to an LfS for info and left to save 20dollars.
I agree with you there. Things cost more than people realize or think about.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back