Worth it to qt if not going to run DT fallow?

kbnh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I quarantined all my fish before adding to my DT, I bought quarantined fish and inverts, and I still have Ich… Atleast I tried! only two fish seem affected, my sailfin and my two spot bristletooth. My sailfin seems to have fought it off, wasn’t the first time he had it, not too worried about him. My two spot has had it twice with low number of spots but now has a significant amount more. Swimming and eating fine, I’m sure the sailfin is doing some light bullying but they get along pretty well.

Now the question, do I remove the two spot to treat it even though I can’t run my DT fallow? Will it be a benefit or just stress the fish out too much?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I quarantined all my fish before adding to my DT, I bought quarantined fish and inverts, and I still have Ich… Atleast I tried! only two fish seem affected, my sailfin and my two spot bristletooth. My sailfin seems to have fought it off, wasn’t the first time he had it, not too worried about him. My two spot has had it twice with low number of spots but now has a significant amount more. Swimming and eating fine, I’m sure the sailfin is doing some light bullying but they get along pretty well.

Now the question, do I remove the two spot to treat it even though I can’t run my DT fallow? Will it be a benefit or just stress the fish out too much?
Not running the display fallow will only preserve any full stage parasites and existing cysts to thrive defeating the wirk you will do to eradicate them
Treat for full 30 days in quarantine and leave display fallow for at LEAST 45 days

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

How long have the fish been in your tank? What kind of QT did they have? The answer is - if you're going to treat 1 fish - you should/need to treat all of them. And second - if you're going to treat your fish you have to use a fallow period.

OP
OP
K

kbnh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have the fish been in your tank? What kind of QT did they have? The answer is - if you're going to treat 1 fish - you should/need to treat all of them. And second - if you're going to treat your fish you have to use a fallow period.
4 of them I qt’d myself with copper, the other 2 I bought qt’d from dr reefs along with the inverts

I don’t have enough tanks/space to house all the fish I have now while I run fallow

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
4 of them I qt’d myself with copper, the other 2 I bought qt’d from dr reefs along with the inverts

I don’t have enough tanks/space to house all the fish I have now while I run fallow
curious - have you contact @Dr. Reef Second - Are you sure u quarantined the fish appropriately - if not - they all need to be QT'd again IMHOl.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see the point in pulling just the one fish to QT. The disease will still be in the display.

OP
OP
K

kbnh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
curious - have you contact @Dr. Reef Second - Are you sure u quarantined the fish appropriately - if not - they all need to be QT'd again IMHOl.
Not sure what dr reef could do, since whatever he shipped arrived alive and is still alive

I have a uv sterilizer running in the DT with a brand new lamp, hoping that helps with the management of ich

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not sure what dr reef could do, since whatever he shipped arrived alive and is still alive

I have a uv sterilizer running in the DT with a brand new lamp, hoping that helps with the management of ich
first since he sells qt'd fish either his system or yours contained CI. it might help him second it was probably your system

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 160 61.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.5%
Back