Would any of the following stocking options be a threat to Berghia Nudibranches?

BleachedCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I added 12 0.5"" berghia nudibranches to my 126g with a fairly severe aiptasia problem. Would any of the following creatures below be a threat to the berghia or their eggs?:

Aiptasia-Eating Filefish
Camel Shrimp
Pacific Cleaner Shrimp
Bumblebee snails

Out of all of these, I worry about the filefish the most because they already have a natural taste for aiptasia. I know peppermint shrimp won't do, but would the other two listed be okay? Lastly, I heard that snails eat berghia eggs so I'm hesitant to add more than I already have (3 bumblebee's, 2 cerith's, 7 astrea's) (I'm also dealing with algae, but its a lesser problem than the aiptasia rn).

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be least concerned about the filefish, assuming yours is diurnal like most. The nudis will hide during the day and the filefish sleep at night when nudis are on the prowl. Just make sure to add the nudis at night or otherwise keep the filefish away from them until they are safely in the rocks. Shrimp are definitely a concern for eating small nudis. I am not aware of any good information on berghia and bumble bee snails, may try an experiment some day.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back