Would it kill them to put frosting all the way to the edge of a PopTart?

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone asking what is the the best ....... unless it is lighting then Kessil is always the right answer hahaha

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unreasonable policies and even more unreasonable tellers at the store.

True story: I was at Walmart several years ago. There was a sign at the checkout that read something along the lines of " Effective immediately identification will be required for alcohol and tobacco sales to persons under the age of 40". At the time I was over fifty, and I had beer in my cart.
When she got to the beer, the teller asked me "Are you over 40?"
Feeling flattered, I answered "Yes. Thank you."
"Are you sure?" she asked, giving me a very suspicious look.
"Definitely." I said.
"Do you have any ID?"
By this time I'm getting a little irritated, and produced my driver's license which she examined closely. After a couple of times looking back and forth between me and my license, she completed the transaction.
I realize the policy was probably put in place to keep tellers from selling to underage kids, but COME ON! I was over fifty years old and balding for crying out loud! What if I was lying and was only 39? Would she have denied me my libations? And of course, she could have just asked for my ID in the first place.

Another time at the same Walmart, I made a purchase that came to whatever dollars and fifty five cents. I gave the teen aged teller the correct number of bills and a Nickle. She then gave me an extremely condescending look and asked " You DO realize this is a Nickle, right?" To which I answered "Yes. I was hoping to get two quarters in change. Please?" She gave me another look like I was old and feeble, and gave me my fifty cents. I guess I just expect too much.

Sorry for the ramble. I tend to be a story teller.

Staghorn

Original Reef Gangster
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you believe my wife eats the unfrosted part of the pop tart and throws the middle away!! I tell her just buy the unfrosted one and she says it’s not the same. I attribute my weight gain since we met to the hundreds of mutilated pop tart corpses I’ve had to “dispose” of.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unreasonable policies and even more unreasonable tellers at the store.

True story: I was at Walmart several years ago. There was a sign at the checkout that read something along the lines of " Effective immediately identification will be required for alcohol and tobacco sales to persons under the age of 40". At the time I was over fifty, and I had beer in my cart.
When she got to the beer, the teller asked me "Are you over 40?"
Feeling flattered, I answered "Yes. Thank you."
"Are you sure?" she asked, giving me a very suspicious look.
"Definitely." I said.
"Do you have any ID?"
By this time I'm getting a little irritated, and produced my driver's license which she examined closely. After a couple of times looking back and forth between me and my license, she completed the transaction.
I realize the policy was probably put in place to keep tellers from selling to underage kids, but COME ON! I was over fifty years old and balding for crying out loud! What if I was lying and was only 39? Would she have denied me my libations? And of course, she could have just asked for my ID in the first place.

Another time at the same Walmart, I made a purchase that came to whatever dollars and fifty five cents. I gave the teen aged teller the correct number of bills and a Nickle. She then gave me an extremely condescending look and asked " You DO realize this is a Nickle, right?" To which I answered "Yes. I was hoping to get two quarters in change. Please?" She gave me another look like I was old and feeble, and gave me my fifty cents. I guess I just expect too much.

Sorry for the ramble. I tend to be a story teller.
When did the 40+ carding thing start happening? I'm just over 50 so I missed the drinking age of 18 by a year. I remember being carded if Iooked under 30, then they switched it to being 40.

I tell them now do you want to see my AARP card, shingles vaccine card and do I get the senior discount?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 30 83.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 8.3%
Back