Would it kill them to put frosting all the way to the edge of a PopTart?

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cell phone ---- cable --- internet. We could do a whole thread on Comcast alone.

Based on your answers above you may remember similar circumstances to mine. When people complain about cell phone bills I have to kind of laugh to myself. I can remember as a kid my mom setting a timer when she called her mom because she could only afford 20 minutes in long distance charges. And her mom was on a party line so you never knew when a neighbor would pick up and listen in or join the conversation. A lot of young people don't understand how much long distance used to cost. In the early 90s when my in-laws moved out of state my landline phone bill would be over $200 a month because my wife talked to her mom several times a week and if I remember correctly we had to pay something like 20cents a minute. Now I don't think we pay that much per minute for my wife to talk to her sister in Germany. Now the $50 cell bill includes unlimited long distance and may even include unlimited data.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on your answers above you may remember similar circumstances to mine. When people complain about cell phone bills I have to kind of laugh to myself. I can remember as a kid my mom setting a timer when she called her mom because she could only afford 20 minutes in long distance charges. And her mom was on a party line so you never knew when a neighbor would pick up and listen in or join the conversation. A lot of young people don't understand how much long distance used to cost. In the early 90s when my in-laws moved out of state my landline phone bill would be over $200 a month because my wife talked to her mom several times a week and if I remember correctly we had to pay something like 20cents a minute. Now I don't think we pay that much per minute for my wife to talk to her sister in Germany. Now the $50 cell bill includes unlimited long distance and may even include unlimited data.
Oh gosh yes... I remember moving to Ga from NJ and getting my first cell phone. I thought I was so cool. But then we paid per minute to use the thing, so we carried around this brick but never called anybody! I once dumped a guy that I was dating because he used my landline to call long distance to Michigan and did not tell me. I got the phone bill and disconnected that relationship!
The flip side to that is they are sticking it to us on internet and cable. Personally, I do not own a television but the game of paying $60 a month for internet and then they raise it to $100 until you call and threaten to cancel is just criminal.

Try'nNotToKillStuff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"fixing" stuff that ain't broken. My wife has a mini cooper. Using the turn signals, if you depress it a little way it blinks for a short time. If you depress it all the way it doesn't stop unless you complete a 90 degree turn. Sooo may times, I change lanes on the freeway and the stupid thing won't stop blinking. Was the blinker something that really needed improvement? Also, I freakin' hate that I have to press the unlock button twice to unlock the passenger doors. Really? Are that many people being chased by homicidal maniacs that only opening the driver door is a worthwhile safety feature?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
spongebob-pop-tarts-sea-berry-flavor.jpeg

Anybody else out there get hungry for Pop Tarts after reading this thread title? Mmmmm. Toaster Pastries! Industrial food for the culture too busy to eat properly.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"fixing" stuff that ain't broken. My wife has a mini cooper. Using the turn signals, if you depress it a little way it blinks for a short time. If you depress it all the way it doesn't stop unless you complete a 90 degree turn. Sooo may times, I change lanes on the freeway and the stupid thing won't stop blinking. Was the blinker something that really needed improvement? Also, I freakin' hate that I have to press the unlock button twice to unlock the passenger doors. Really? Are that many people being chased by homicidal maniacs that only opening the driver door is a worthwhile safety feature?

They have that on my BMW and I love it, so does my wife. I'm having a hard time not having that feature on my toyota. As for the locks, that might be changeable in the vehicle options if you have access to it. I think I can change it in my Rav4 setup menu. If not OBD reader can sometimes change that plus a lot of other options you don't normally have access to. It can become a pain, especially if your wife is on the other side of the car complaining that you once again didn't push the unlock button twice. I must have a really fast clicker finger because I do push it twice all the time but half the time it doesn't register the second click.

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
people saying sponge filter are nitrate producing but never recommending them to increase nitrates when nitrates are too low.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back