Would like few opinions on incoming zoa order for first timer

Sagecritter4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a couple small Zoa frags (clementine/mandarin orange/bob marleys/fruit loops/mambo jambo) and a lone Duncan coming in from WWC live sale Thursday and all set up to dip/rinse etc but would like opinions on trying to remove them from the plugs and remounting when they get here during process....................as a newbie and first time doing this.....watched @joshporksandwic vids and couple others but nervous..chuckle..

Should I skip this lol this time around and just dip and monitor in QT maybe re dip in 6-7 days or try it..and pointers if try...

Have my gloves/eye protection etc ready ;-) and have read various palytoxin threads/articles so aware of need to use care

Last edited:

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you have a good understanding to the approach. I always try to remove plugs. Often times sacrificing a polyp is better than a long term struggle of invasive algae or species. With recent advancements in experimental algae removal, it has made the hobby much easier. But preventative measures are best, in my opinion. Zoas are easy to remove in my experience. If they are encrusted on the glue, just use a razor blade to scrape off. If the zoas are encrusted to the plug, than I use bone cutters to remove a polyp or two. Doing this will make plug fragments acceptable. Essentially, limiting the amount of frag plug is best.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back