Would placing a biopellet and calcium reactor after my refugium damage my pod populations?

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, a portion of the pods will die having gone through the pumps powering each device and some that survive may also get trapped or die given the conditions of each (some may also thrive happily within the container). The real question is to what effect this will have on your entire pod population. In both cases, I suspect the effect will be minimal if your initial pod population is large enough and rapidly reproducing. This is similar to the question of what effect a filter sock has on a pod population. It will trap/kill some, however this will likely only have a marginal effect on the total population.

OP
OP
H

harrylikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, a portion of the pods will die having gone through the pumps powering each device and some that survive may also get trapped or die given the conditions of each (some may also thrive happily within the container). The real question is to what effect this will have on your entire pod population. In both cases, I suspect the effect will be minimal if your initial pod population is large enough and rapidly reproducing. This is similar to the question of what effect a filter sock has on a pod population. It will trap/kill some, however this will likely only have a marginal effect on the total population.
Ahh okay thanks!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back