Would some of you be interested in being paired with international participants?

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi everyone!! We have not had very many international participants sign up this year, and so I'd like to offer those who have the opportunity to participate within our US gift exchange. However, I'm not willing to pair anyone up with someone international if they aren't agreed to it. That said, if some of you are willing to chance being paired internationally, please either respond here or send me a private message to let me know. Thanks to all of you who are looking to make this a great Christmas for other reefers! #R2RSecretSanta

Spartan1218

Lost on Aisle 18
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi everyone!! We have not had very many international participants sign up this year, and so I'd like to offer those who have the opportunity to participate within our US gift exchange. However, I'm not willing to pair anyone up with someone international if they aren't agreed to it. That said, if some of you are willing to chance being paired internationally, please either respond here or send me a private message to let me know. Thanks to all of you who are looking to make this a great Christmas for other reefers! #R2RSecretSanta
Everyone participating deserves to get some stuff, so I'm in to help!

Logistically, what is the standard on shipping in this situation? I realize we would love to have everything wrapped up and looking amazing for all recipients, but based on the season and the timeline, it seems as if it could make things complicated to have something shipped to us here in the US and then back out to an international participant. Especially if that individual wants something from a store not located in the US (international shipping x2 ;Dead). Not to mention, the timelines may be difficult at that point.

Would it be acceptable in that case to have something drop shipped to them without all of the wonderful wrapping paper and such? I realize this is your thing and all and I certainly don't want to draw any ire from Santa, but I think given the timelines that it is a fair question. If we absolutely must have all that wrapping paper, I can make adjustments. I just figured I would ask. Thoughts?

Brad

AllanPritchard

View Badges
Reaction score
Being one of the internationals last time I tried to buy local to the recipient and asked for it to be gift wrapped, I think they even had free shipping for one of the items. P
Personally I just enjoyed getting something in the mail, non-gift wrapped, and then striking up a conversation with my Santa and learning more about them and their tanks.

Creggers

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm down for international - I bet there'd be some interesting opportunities to grab some unique gear for eachother!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
I know I am late to the party, forgot to register :confused: BUT, if you need someone from Canada I am in!

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
BRS has a way to use third party shippers to outside of the USA. Amazon ships to about 100 countries. Having just lost my Dad, I worry that I will be doing too much traveling settling the estate to pull international logistics together this year but given the available options outside of the post office... I would encourage folks to consider it. I will definitely jump in next year. My favorite part of R2R is connecting globally!
Santa... If you really get in a pinch with a stray int'l reefer... Just hit me up and I'll see what I can do as a maybe.

Staghorn

Original Reef Gangster
View Badges
Reaction score
BRS has a way to use third party shippers to outside of the USA. Amazon ships to about 100 countries. Having just lost my Dad, I worry that I will be doing too much traveling settling the estate to pull international logistics together this year but given the available options outside of the post office... I would encourage folks to consider it. I will definitely jump in next year. My favorite part of R2R is connecting globally!
Santa... If you really get in a pinch with a stray int'l reefer... Just hit me up and I'll see what I can do as a maybe.
Sorry for your loss. May your father rest in peace.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. May your father rest in peace.
Thank you very much. I lost my father in late September, then my mothers mother three weeks later. It's been a brutal year. I just want 2021 to be over. I appreciate the support from our R2R family.

c.poindexter

View Badges
Reaction score
I am in for going inernational.

ricksmithsdca

View Badges
Reaction score
I would be okay being paired with somebody internationally

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score

Logistically, what is the standard on shipping in this situation? I realize we would love to have everything wrapped up and looking amazing for all recipients, but based on the season and the timeline, it seems as if it could make things complicated to have something shipped to us here in the US and then back out to an international participant. Especially if that individual wants something from a store not located in the US (international shipping x2 ;Dead). Not to mention, the timelines may be difficult at that point.

Would it be acceptable in that case to have something drop shipped to them without all of the wonderful wrapping paper and such? I realize this is your thing and all and I certainly don't want to draw any ire from Santa, but I think given the timelines that it is a fair question. If we absolutely must have all that wrapping paper, I can make adjustments. I just figured I would ask. Thoughts?

Brad
Hey Brad, I just noticed this question. I'm certain dropshipping would be absolutely acceptable in this situation. No problem at all. I know a lot of people do this even domestically.

Aldemirgen

View Badges
Reaction score

Brad
This is my third year joining to Secret Santa and i am living in Turkey and both time i matched someone living in Honk Kong(Fingers crossed this year too Scott if you see this :D) i really wanted to send something hand picked and nicely packed some personal note but shipping from here to there is costing me approx 50 to 100$+ so i am saddly ordering something from some local website or using amazon and adding some gift note.

Spartan1218

Lost on Aisle 18
View Badges
Reaction score
Hey Brad, I just noticed this question. I'm certain dropshipping would be absolutely acceptable in this situation. No problem at all. I know a lot of people do this even domestically.
Thank you! I guess the next question is what do we do if we get matched with someone who hasn't filled out a wish list at all.....*cough* like I did *cough*. Now I have no idea what to get them and they didn't put their forum name in their account either. :) I'm at a bit of a loss here. Should I pose this question to Santa, himself?

Brad

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you! I guess the next question is what do we do if we get matched with someone who hasn't filled out a wish list at all.....*cough* like I did *cough*. Now I have no idea what to get them and they didn't put their forum name in their account either. :) I'm at a bit of a loss here. Should I pose this question to Santa, himself?

Brad
Yep. Hit Santa up with that one. He's good for helping out with those scenarios.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score

Brad

I always Drop ship, especially in Canada where free shipping from vendors is a rarity. It's just more economical to ship directly from a retailer. And honestly, even if none of it is wrapped, opening a box that you have no idea of what's inside, has the same effect. :cool:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back