Would the new ai 30 inch coral grow light be good enough for a 55 gallon?

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would the new Aqua Illumination 30 inch coral grow/glow light be good enough for a 55 gallon to grow some lps, softies, and basic sps?

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you buy enough of them for full coverage then it should be enough for LPS and softies, not so sure about SPS.
But I would wait with the blades, they have quite a lot of quality control issues right now, and in general AI's track record isn't great so personally I would look elsewhere.

For this price point you can easily get ReeFi Uno 2.0 Pro that would outperform Radion's XR30, or save the money and get a few black boxes that would work well enough to keep everything you want.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
fishywishy

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you buy enough of them for full coverage then it should be enough for LPS and softies, not so sure about SPS.
But I would wait with the blades, they have quite a lot of quality control issues right now, and in general AI's track record isn't great so personally I would look elsewhere.

For this price point you can easily get ReeFi Uno 2.0 Pro that would outperform Radion's XR30, or save the money and get a few black boxes that would work well enough to keep everything you want.
What’s a good light that’s in a blade form factor? Regular lights that drape over the tank and hanging lights don’t work where my tank is, Preferably under 300 bucks.

Upvote 0

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you'll find lights in this form factor and full coverage for less than 300$.
There are a few other companies that produce lights like this, like Orphek and Quanta.
If your concern is with mounting height, than a fixture with very wide spread would solve this such as they sky, reef breeders, etc but they all well above your budget. ReeFi Uno 2.0 Pro without reflectors is still an option and would give you a spread of 160 degrees but would still cost around 480$.

Maybe others will have a better suggestion than mine, there are many other brands I might not be familiar with.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
fishywishy

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you'll find lights in this form factor and full coverage for less than 300$.
There are a few other companies that produce lights like this, like Orphek and Quanta.
If your concern is with mounting height, than a fixture with very wide spread would solve this such as they sky, reef breeders, etc but they all well above your budget. ReeFi Uno 2.0 Pro without reflectors is still an option and would give you a spread of 160 degrees but would still cost around 480$.

Maybe others will have a better suggestion than mine, there are many other brands I might not be familiar with.
What would you call a light in that form factor so that way know what to tell people what im looking for? Like a bar light or something.

Upvote 0

Blake509

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would the new Aqua Illumination 30 inch coral grow/glow light be good enough for a 55 gallon to grow some lps, softies, and basic sps?
I have a 55 with 2 48inch 50/50 reef brites and will be adding a 48inch ai blade grow soon

Upvote 0

Royal_pudding

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, there are budget led bars out there that dont break the bank. Try searching the forum for Aliexpress bars. I have been thinking of going that route

Upvote 0

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like them and what color did you go with grow or glow?
Grow. I like them a lot. The app is a bit confusing at first but watch a few youtubes and you’re good to go. I went with them because on a 32 in wide tank I have full coverage and all the reviews I’ve seen say they have plenty par for anything you want to grow in the tank. Plus a little under 500 bucks so don’t break the bank too bad. And if I upgrade tank in future they are pretty versatile for larger tank. But I think having multiple of them is key

Upvote 0

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 2X grow coming in for a 36x22x22. i went with these over the Ai primes I was gonna use. the #1 issue for me was containing light spill. ( with out a canopy )

if you dont need fancy ramp up/down the quanta pro bars could be a great choice.
also the older noops K7? are a good choice.

the 55 are pretty narrow so, if the numbers that ppl are reporting are true and I belive they are. one would work for softies and LPS

have you seen this YT review from frag box corals?

not saying the blades are the best light out there, but I think there pretty good and fit alot points we need in a light. for ME I was a good choice I believe guess we will see.

Upvote 0
Back