Would you buy HEI optic Lenses for your Gen1-3 Lights?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Would you Buy HEI optic lenses for your Gen1-3 lights if they made them?

• Yes

Votes: 117 94.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 5.6%

• Total voters

sn2per

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a simple question with the New, news if they made them would you buy them??

I think we need to at least let ETM know we are interested...

ReeferRoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try HEI lenses on G3's especially since Ecotech will support the G3 for another 24 months, but with the G4 i think there will be a large improvement with color range and more in line with Mitras for the ability of more natural coloration as i have read when G3 pros are compared to Mitras.

pa1ntbru5h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would buy the lenses if they weren't too expensive.
I just bought 2 XR15wPro G3 a few weeks ago and now they release the G4s =[
I like how the HEI optics spread the PAR more evenly

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good question and YES!

jedimasterben

Bubble coral sting good
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try HEI lenses on G3's especially since Ecotech will support the G3 for another 24 months, but with the G4 i think there will be a large improvement with color range and more in line with Mitras for the ability of more natural coloration as i have read when G3 pros are compared to Mitras.
I very highly doubt that. Adding one lone warm white isn't going to have nearly the effect to imitate the Mitras. Not to mention the Mitras has significantly more LED coverage for more even coloration. ;)

These new lenses would absolutely help with keeping PAR even across the fixture's coverage area, but the initial cost to make these lenses is ridiculous, so they'd have to sell tons and tons of them to justify that cost.

ReeferRoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jedimasterben

It would help but not be the same as Mitras i agree, but its a step in the right direction with a product that already does an amazing job (from what i have read and there is a lot of reading on that comparison).

Coming out with HEI lenses for the G3 shouldn't be to difficult since they are already molding them or something close for the G4's. Such a move would at least appease the masses who thought they were buying into a product line that they could upgrade down the road, it would also help G3 inventory move as i have seen some people asking if BRS and MD will be dropping the prices due to this rapid release of the G4.

I own 1 G3 30w Pro that i bought and tinkered with for my first build which just started and is a long way from water.

That being said...

I just got an email saying the G4's are shipping as of today from Ecotech so i may buy one and play around with it. No joke on the rapid release...

e03b39dc13153a235102502faf89397f_thumb.jpg

If i pull the trigger tonight i will post something.

ReeferRoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me neither but i got that email...lol...maybe shipping to distributers...who knows...

jedimasterben

Bubble coral sting good
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming out with HEI lenses for the G3 shouldn't be to difficult since they are already molding them or something close for the G4's.
Designing them is simple, but actually getting them made is another ballpark altogether and is extremely costly, with machine setup, molding for the specific materials, etc etc.

pa1ntbru5h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully they realize that they are a lot of their customers who are upset about not being able to upgrade their older generation Radions.
Personally I just want the added improvement of the optics. I could care less for the new heatsink design.
If they offered the new optics for the G3s, I wouldn't be so disappointed about having just bought the G3s new a few weeks ago.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, to get more out of a MAJOR investment in lights and corals.

Brad Bessett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're talking about an aftermarket product, no. Too much R&D goes into these lights to run the risk. It's not as if the G3 lights are bad.

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my Xr30w Pro G3 are 4months old ... it hurts to see the G4 :mad:... YES for the lens.

on a side note... i also perchased the Apex controller.... couple of week after... the new one was release... :mad::mad::mad:

ReeferRoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my Xr30w Pro G3 are 4months old ... it hurts to see the G4 :mad:... YES for the lens.

on a side note... i also perchased the Apex controller.... couple of week after... the new one was release... :mad::mad::mad:

That is the core principle of the question of this thread, not if it is feasible but if there would be interest.

The answer i believe is yes, there is tremendous interest. However that interest is fueled by frustration and resentment that Ecotech could have turned into excitement if they covered the new and kept some form of their promise with the old.

Larry L

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would definitely buy retrofit lenses for the G3 if they become available. My G3's were a big investment, and I am not going to spend more money any time soon to upgrade to G4's, so it's not like they'd be losing a G4 sale by making the new lenses available separately.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That is the core principle of the question of this thread, not if it is feasible but if there would be interest.

The answer i believe is yes, there is tremendous interest. However that interest is fueled by frustration and resentment that Ecotech could have turned into excitement if they covered the new and kept some form of their promise with the old.

What did they promise?

Back