Would you invest a grand for a KH Guardian?

Would you invest a grand for a KH Guardian?

• Total voters

james77515

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$1300 counts me out for sure. I have skimmers that cost that much but as I said you cannot justify that Michu for a monitoring system for only alk. And no matter how you spin it that is all that this is worth being as someone has to invest in dosers or a calcium reactor to keep the tank balanced. Just that fact alone made the dosing part of this useless to many people who would have bought it.

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where is the presale page Reefbuilders refers to?

E_Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is dumb. Even if you are high baller you still have to sign up and hope Coralvue selects you based on their predetermined criteria which is unknown lol.

I'm not buying one of these but that's just stupid. Put the dang thing up for sale and call it a day. Another thing I thought the title of this thread was "Would you spend a grand for a Kh Guardian?" Now it's a grand and $69.99 lol

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is dumb. Even if you are high baller you still have to sign up and hope Coralvue selects you based on their predetermined criteria which is unknown lol.

I'm not buying one of these but that's just stupid. Put the dang thing up for sale and call it a day. Another thing I thought the title of this thread was "Would you spend a grand for a Kh Guardian?" Now it's a grand and $69.99 lol
Yeap.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't worry it will be another 69.99 on top of it tomorrow:p

james77515

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

No. A grand and $269 according to the presages link.
This poll was never about finding out who would pay that much for it, it was just about announcing they were gonna charge that much for it. And now it is even more than what they started at.

Harris3005

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you started this thread looking for feedback, the majority said the price was too high for what it does. You took the feedback on board and bumped the price UP £300? That's mental.

Waterjockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you started this thread looking for feedback, the majority said the price was too high for what it does. You took the feedback on board and bumped the price UP £300? That's mental.

Should be interesting to see what price point the other ones finishing development come out at. Until then, there isn't any direct comparison.
I do know I bought a controller that monitors 5 variables continuously, controls up to 20 devices (and expandable), has Web and local access, alarms to my phone, and is fully configurable for under $1k

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

No, that is typical. It is more of the double speak we all know and love from the corporate world. Like eBay's "Exciting and Better" eBucks program that slashed my earnings from 2% to 1%. Of course it is "Exciting and Better" if you are eBay..... Or the company I work for lowering the profit sharing bonus despite profits going bananas upwards. I mean earning $26B annually and giving just 1% of the employee's salary back (in their own stock no less) is a laughable farce. Generally any corporate announcements branded great or new or an improvement are typically the exact opposite (or all of those things for the corporation itself).

Last edited:

E_Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a lack of response from CoralVue here and this is their thread after all. Smh

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think the super secret criteria is $1069.99 + serious impulse control issues.

rockworm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the super secret criteria is $1069.99 + serious impulse control issues.
So you are too cheap to buy it and anyone who does want to buy it has impulse control issues? Nice paint brush. You must be frustrated because no one responded to your last post 6 hours ago.

Back