wounded bta??? :(

Hornet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the double posting. (if someone can delete the other one maybe?)

But I didn't understand the 'emergency' thing so excuses!

Hi all

Since a few months I have a BTA with 2 clownfish and they were doing ffine. The BTA has been restless for a while now and has been traveling all over, everytime looking completely different. First happy, then deflated, then flat, then happy again.. I can't really see a trend. But now I came home and it looks like this. And i don't know what happened! My pumps have netting over then.. what to do??

20210227_181254.jpg

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That doesn't look good at all. We'd need alot more info to diagnose (lighting, tank age, live or dry rock, what other critters are in the tank and how they're doing, parameters, ect)

For now I'd watch that nem very closely and be prepared to remove it. Once they start turning to goo (which yours looks close to) they must be removed asap.

OP
OP
Hornet

Hornet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That doesn't look good at all. We'd need alot more info to diagnose (lighting, tank age, live or dry rock, what other critters are in the tank and how they're doing, parameters, ect)

For now I'd watch that nem very closely and be prepared to remove it. Once they start turning to goo (which yours looks close to) they must be removed asap.

It's a red sea reefer 250 with the AI lights over it. They're a bit more daylight setting cause we don't like the blue look too much.

I have a red hermit that attacked a hammer coral before, he even climbed a (new unused!) soap dish that I put on the wall of the tank to keep him away..
I have 2 skunk cleaners, there's 2 clownfish and 1 pistol. My corals are doing fine and opening up nicely and growing.

I use the instant ocean purple salt. I dose alk, mag en cal from red sea through a doser in tiny portions.

salinity is 1025
No3 10
Po4 < 0,1
Kh 9
Ca 430
Mag 1320
Ph 8
Nh3 0

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your numbers don't look bad. How high are the percentages on the ai? Those lights are capable of burning the nem. What kind of corals do you have? Tank age?

OP
OP
Hornet

Hornet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your numbers don't look bad. How high are the percentages on the ai? Those lights are capable of burning the nem. What kind of corals do you have? Tank age?

It got set up a little over half a year ago. (I know that's short for anemones.. That might have been a mistake I know.. )
I've got a duncan, zoa's, candy cane and sun coral.

The AI's are at the highest:
UV 66
Violet 66
Royal Blue 68
Blue 68
Green 7
Red 9
Cool white 80

There's 2 above the tank. And they're on this setting from 5:30 to 9:15 with a ramp for about 2 hours both ways before and after.

Oh There's netting above the tank btw. That's black and does take away a bit of light. It's smaller holes than the Red sea type netting.

Water changes every week 20 - 30%

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hornet

Hornet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's still moving. It just pulled itself up more onto the rock.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back