OP
OP
G

Geonet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea how my water change schedules should go.... The info is all over the place on the web

yan2pr

I grow GHA better than anything else
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

giphy (4).gif

will25u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

The patience this hobby takes is trying, but it’s always for the best. I am not an overly patient person, but with my tank, I’ve learned, via the hard way, to be.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I worry about the weight of the tank...I may seem a tad over anxious..but standing near over a thousand pounds of water and rock...I think about my floor.
this floor concern I don't get. a table of eight dinner guests in the center of my kitchen weighs more than that. a queen size waterbed weighs that before I get in to bed.
:cool:

Osaurus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered one from Amazon.. Only a 50
Nice job on ordering an RODI unit. It was one of the very first purchases I made entering the hobby. Make sure you have a way to test for TDS, and also check to see if your city uses chloramines or chlorine in the water - when I moved to California from Colorado I learned the hard way that chloramines don't exactly play nice.

Osaurus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this floor concern I don't get. a table of eight dinner guests in the center of my kitchen weighs more than that. a queen size waterbed weighs that before I get in to bed.
:cool:
Yes, but can you fit either of those into the dimensional area of a 75 gallon tank? :p

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

For the floor I was really concerned about this too, I have a 75 as well, I did a lot of research and as long as your house was built to code its fine. However, if you want to make yourself feel better you can put it against a supporting wall and have it run perpendicular to the floor boards below.

What are you doing about the ammonia in the tank with the clowns? If your tank hasn't cycled and you have fish in it you will need to do something to drop those ammonia levels down to 0. Water changes or prime or Dr Tims.

Osaurus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
probably not. but then again, both aren't up against a wall. it's a non issue for a 75.
I'm just teasing you - I do agree with you, but understand why someone new to the hobby may be concerned about tank weight issues.

OP
OP
G

Geonet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

For the floor I was really concerned about this too, I have a 75 as well, I did a lot of research and as long as your house was built to code its fine. However, if you want to make yourself feel better you can put it against a supporting wall and have it run perpendicular to the floor boards below.

What are you doing about the ammonia in the tank with the clowns? If your tank hasn't cycled and you have fish in it you will need to do something to drop those ammonia levels down to 0. Water changes or prime or Dr Tims.

Thanks for the warm welcome team:).I've been using Prime since 2 days before adding the Clowns.A few days ago I added 2 Nassarius snails..<spelling wrong I bet>
My RO/DI unit will be here tomorrow,I'll start doing small water changes every few days I guess

Thanks
Geo

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Remember, time will pass just the same whether you are in a rush or not. Expect some algae and ugliness at least for the first year you have a tank setup. Not to say you can't enjoy your tank in the meantime, but knowing there will be alot of ugly stages for a year or so while your tank's biology stabilizes will at least set you up to be patient. Not much you can do to stop it.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back