OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made some new frag tiles from cut up bathroom tiles! Got the testers on and hopefully they like it :)
20180708_184413-01.jpeg

Not sure if I passed the inspection from naughty cat though!
20180708_185743.jpg

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That Goni is beautiful! I tried a tiny one in my tank before and it didn't last very long so I've been scared to try them again.
I've had great luck/success with gonis despite the very little attention I give them haha I think the halides and the amount of food I feed the tank attribute to my success :) here's my current two babies
20180626_183451-01.jpeg

Whoa that's a stunner. Are the eyes actually yellow and green or is that the camera playing tricks? Even if just yellow that's a beaut, haven't seen one like that.
Without having seen it in person I'd say it's not a trick and the eyes are green and yellow :D it's a sparkle goni too :D

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice side shot! I watched a video Jake Adams put out and he said you don't see many frags in Australia, as people buy the larger wild pieces. Is that the case where you are?

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice side shot! I watched a video Jake Adams put out and he said you don't see many frags in Australia, as people buy the larger wild pieces. Is that the case where you are?
It sure is! We have almost zero large frag businesses. There are really only two full scale places doing this (one being Sustainable Reefs, the coral end of the Coral Essentials guys) and there's a few hobbiests that run frag tanks and have a small business out of it. Everything is collected colonies because it's so close and easy but that will change in the next 2 years when collection will more than likely be stopped here

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the side shot, it don't look like many fish. What fish do you currently have?
According to the picture only one haha the current fishlist stands at:
- Burgessi Butterflyfish "Burgers" chaetodon burgessi
- Colini Angelfish Centropyge colini
- Earmuff wrasse halichoeres melasmapomus (oldest inhabitant)
- Blotched anthias odontanthias borbonius
- Pinstripe Basslet liopropoma susumi
- Hi-fin blenny petroscirtes mitratus
- A pair of Gold Nugget Maroon Clownfish (aka the sump monsters)

I'll be getting an RVS Fishworld fishlist this week so who knows haha my lfs is a terrible person and will be sending me some screenshot of what he knows I'll like!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious and looking into the coral essentials also. Did you actually notice any difference with them
Yep plenty of difference :) especially in subtle colours on the acro's and making them more prominent and the pe and growth went crazy :) I think it's a fantastic set of products to use!

If you have any questions about them, ask away! :)

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is coloring up nicely.

Back