OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was one of the pieces I scored! A little rough with some very thin tissue in some spots but I'm sure it'll perk up nicely! Won't get to see the blue polyps on the outside branches though haha
acropora-nasuta-ultimate.jpg

(Pic stolen from RB: https://reefbuilders.com/2017/09/27/corals-landed-craziest-acropora-nasuta-ever/ )

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man :) Managed to pick up two stunner acro's yesterday and another two dendro's as well, because well they're my favourite!

I am getting in the car and driving over now:rolleyes::D:D

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah! I scored really well yesterday!! Need to change the carbon and do a water change tonight, want to do a couple this week as I haven't done any the last couple of weeks haha

Put them in the box of dosing stuff you're sending

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get a frag or colony?
Mini-colony :) In between a tennis ball and a golf ball :)

I am getting in the car and driving over now:rolleyes::D:D
I hope it's a submersible, long drive under water to here hahaha

Put them in the box of dosing stuff you're sending

If he got a colony of that...I'm guessing he took out a 2nd mortgage on his house.
Sure haha shipping will have to go up though, it's a lot of water weight now :p

I know in Australia they don't usually do any of the frag stuff.
Yeah, we don't get many frags, it's all large colonies, small colonies or branches :) Very rarely is it frags. The mortgage was HUGE!! A whole $35 for it hahaha

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope it's a submersible, long drive under water to here hahaha

It is the timing of holding your breath between the islands;)

Great work on the tank.

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new additions looks nice! Does our rock work have lots of tunnels in it or is it piled on top of each other?
Thanks man, they need a little love but got some great potential! :)
Most of the rock structure is propped up on these plastic rebar chairs so it's largely hollow underneath as most of my fish are timid and need plenty of hiding space :) My basslet is ruler of the caves though, he's killed a couple of new fish due to his habitat protection. Which while sad, I'm okay with as liopropoma is my all time most loved genus lol
Rebar-Chair-for-Concrete-Support.jpg

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is filling in fast. I see you’re having some cyano or red algae issues. Not enough flow? CUC? I’m battling the same sorts of things, great growth, nuisance algae, is it really a concern? Your thoughts?

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is filling in fast. I see you’re having some cyano or red algae issues. Not enough flow? CUC? I’m battling the same sorts of things, great growth, nuisance algae, is it really a concern? Your thoughts?
Needs lots more still! haha

It's actually bloody coralline algae! None of my sand is white anymore :( haha I need to add a new layer into the tank as all the stuff at the front is purple/red lol

The only algae growth I get is on the return pipe and overflow cover as you can just seen in the first pic. It's mildly annoying but I can't be bother/don't care enough to do anything about it haha
I was having some cyano issues but did nothing about it and it went away naturally. I think as long as it's not effecting growth or health of your inhabitants just let it subside naturally. It's the slower longer option but it's always worked for me.

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sup wit' dat' tank do'?
haha tank is good! Took the calcium rector apart and gave it a real good scrub, found a leak and repaired that too! I've done a couple of 10% water changes as well over the last week while waiting for the silicone on the CaRx to set to keep the alk up to a decent level lol
Gave everything a good scrub and in the process of siphoning the sand out of the sump as it's really gross haha got some absolute fire last week too!! Holding my breath for when my lfs has all his new tanks up and running and stock with primo stock too! I've taken three days of leave off to go and help him out around the store as well lol

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back