Wrangy's Reef - 80g of Wrasse & SPS

Narcosis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good Dom!

Love the wrasse, didn't realise you had a Burgessi, any chance for a pic of Burgers? Is he an aussie caught speciman or imported?

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good Dom!

Love the wrasse, didn't realise you had a Burgessi, any chance for a pic of Burgers? Is he an aussie caught speciman or imported?
Thanks mate! Don't I feel special getting your first post haha

I only picked Burger up on the weekend so he's a brand new baby! lol He's an import and the best bit about him is that he is the creamy variant of burgessi too, I think they're a little nicer than the silver variant :) I certainly do have a picture of him though :) I've been waiting 5 years for a roaps butterfly and I am just totally head over heels in love with him haha

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found the first stocked picture of the tank and needless to say she's come a very long way :)

Also thought I'd share a few of my favourite zoa pics from across the years :)
My beloved and hugely popular Pink Hooters

In terms of a simplistic but amazingly coloured zoa, you simple can't beat the red and yellow of the Flaming Sun

I do miss these Western Australian Blues that I need to get some more of!

The Wonder Woman's always get me as well!

Narcosis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha long time lurker, first time poster ;Joyful

Mate he is awesome, looks like a great little size. Just saw CM post a pic of one the other day and thought you may have picked that one up... Anyway congrats!

Still spewing I didn't get this tiny guy I saw a couple years ago (I got the majestic angel instead)... Only time I have seen one in Perth for sale
upload_2017-9-28_10-44-38.jpeg

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha long time lurker, first time poster ;Joyful

Mate he is awesome, looks like a great little size. Just saw CM post a pic of one the other day and thought you may have picked that one up... Anyway congrats!

Still spewing I didn't get this tiny guy I saw a couple years ago (I got the majestic angel instead)... Only time I have seen one in Perth for sale
upload_2017-9-28_10-44-38.jpeg
haha excellent! Same Narcosis from RTAW I assume lol

Yeah, been waiting a long time! Last lot that were available were $600+ so I had to pass but he was much much less so I snapped him up instantly!! Could have had a pair but they'd be too big for the tank and look out of place as a pair. At least he'll mature into the perfect sized show fish!

Majestic's are simply amazing though! Not a bad choice at all :p

Narcosis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep same guy :)

Man $600+ o_O:eek: You did well to wait then, looks perfect! He sure will standout as a show piece with your other smaller fish. You have a pretty awesome collection going of not seen too often fish :cool: Shame there are no angels in there ;Joyful

Look forward to seeing how your acro respond to the Reef Essentials dosing. :D

Second Shot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The acro's weren't huge fans of it and it was causing cyano growth. It completely destroyed the bubble algae so it's an amazing product but now that it's all gone I don't really need to use it anymore :)

If you don’t mind, what did you notice from the acros?
Thanks

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Bruce :) I'm definitely happy with the tank considering where it was 6 months ago! It was bubble algae city with a sprinkling of bryopsis and AEFW :( But after a fluconazole treatment, vibrant dosing and Bayer dips we're free of all of those things and I couldn't be happier!! The fish didn't care about any of them lol the bubble algae got real bad too!

Zoa's a real passion of mine so thank yoou! I've been working on it for a long time! It started with humble beginnings too! And a bit of a fragging effort :)

As for the fish, I'm really good friends with the guys at my lfs so he knows exactly what I love and want and I get messages at 11pm with a picture of an order list or of a fish from the supplier! lol there's a pair of juvenile Gold Nugget Maroon Clownfish that he has at the moment and I've fallen in love so he keeps reminding me that they're there and sent me this last night too! He's pure evil lol

Oh there's lots of room and I'll definitely be making sure I can fit at least 10000 pieces :p and with my lfs looking like this you know I'll have some cracking pieces :D haha

Did you use fluconazole to get rid of the aefw or how did you combat them?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Killer tank!!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don’t mind, what did you notice from the acros?
Thanks
I'll be honest it probably wasn't the vibrant but more the die off and nutrients coming from that sheer amount of bubble algae!! It was small things that I noticed though, a little less PE, the tissue was looking as healthy and a little less vibrant colours. Mind you, at the same rate, they'd just been through a fluconazole treatment and bayer dips in the preceding months so they were in great shape!

The main reason I don't dose it now is due to the other bacteria supplements the tank gets and I'd rather keep half a bottle for just in case that drain it slowly :)

Did you use fluconazole to get rid of the aefw or how did you combat them?
Bayer Advanced insecticide dips was what saved the corals that I wanted :) I removed all the acro's from the DT into the sump tank and dipped them from there as it was much much easier :)

Killer tank!!
Thanks Rev!! Some more tank pics for your compliment :D These were taken about a week ago and I think they're some of my better shots to date :)

Brogratz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Daniel :) I'm really happy with how the tank is going now!!

Thanks matey :D if you think it's bad wait till you see this beauties!!
My beautiful juvenile magma wrasse! :D
My LFS has a juvenile Magma, and I keep debating do I want a flame or a Magma? :)

LoneStarReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, your tank is fantastic. Making me think about doing a wrasse tank too. I’ve always been fond of them. Keep the updates coming!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep same guy :)

Man $600+ o_O:eek: You did well to wait then, looks perfect! He sure will standout as a show piece with your other smaller fish. You have a pretty awesome collection going of not seen too often fish :cool: Shame there are no angels in there ;Joyful

Look forward to seeing how your acro respond to the Reef Essentials dosing. :D
Thought so :)

I did exceptionally well!! :D I've been extremely lucky of late with the fish that have come into the store and what I've managed to get in on!! We're not going into angels! Don't get me started on them haha a pair of bandits and/or masked angels are sooo on the cards when I'm rich and famous haha

Me too!

My LFS has a juvenile Magma, and I keep debating do I want a flame or a Magma? :)
Personally, I think flames have a nicer colour and pattern but the magma's are such a stunning red and having a yet to be described species in my tank is a cool factor I couldn't pass up!! You won't go wrong with whatever choice you make!

Wow wish my LFS had a selection like this! Id be broke though...
Can I let you in on a secret? He is the reason I AM broke :p haha waaayy too many gorgeous corals and the fish are just the best!

Rock on man, great looking set up, love the fish!!!:)
Thanks heaps mate!! I appreciate the compliment :) I love my fish too! Added some brand new babies today too! Everyone that knows me, knows I've always been vehemently against clownfish with a very small soft spot for all things Maroon and of course my lfs had the cutest pair of Gold Nuggets in so I was peer pressured into it and I now have a pair in my sump :D

Man, your tank is fantastic. Making me think about doing a wrasse tank too. I’ve always been fond of them. Keep the updates coming!
Thank you for compliment! Wrasse, angels, basslets and butterflies are easily my favourites! And I'll let you in on a secret, I don't like tangs ;Nailbiting;Nailbiting haha but don't spread it around as I'll get beat up ;Blackeye
For your compliment though you get a pic! Probably my favourite of the tank so far too!

Mattres

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha oh no you caved on the nuggets! :p
Tanks looking great bud, all the patience and hard work is paying off.

I just realised I'm an idiot mate. I'm currently driving to Melbourne for a certain MASSIVE game of footy and thought dangit I should have tee'd up a visit to see you and your tank! ;Facepalm

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha oh no you caved on the nuggets! :p
Tanks looking great bud, all the patience and hard work is paying off.

I just realised I'm an idiot mate. I'm currently driving to Melbourne for a certain MASSIVE game of footy and thought dangit I should have tee'd up a visit to see you and your tank! ;Facepalm
Yep I caved, hardcore to all the pressure haha I'm going to work on breeding them!! I've been looking for a project to wet my feet in breeding and what a perfect start :D Thanks for the compliment! I'm certainly happy :D

Aw man! What are you doing! Would have been good to catch up but I'm out all day! Next time you're in the state haha

Some quick crappy pics of the sump tank too :) I'll try to get some good clown pics tomorrow :D
sumpFTS.jpg

zoarack.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back