Wrangy's Reef - 80g of Wrasse & SPS

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely good to quarantine flubber island. Anything with zoas is especially nice to keep at bay. Even nice high end ones can be a nightmare when they grow out of control

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lovely tank, liking the new scape. Out of curiosity, are you still running the MH/T5's? I'm switching from LED to a giesemann spectra so I figured ide ask your thoughts on the lighting so far?

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely good to quarantine flubber island. Anything with zoas is especially nice to keep at bay. Even nice high end ones can be a nightmare when they grow out of control
Means I can be a little silly with Flubber Island too haha the zoa's I'm going to start growing on tiles on the barebottom now and keep them away from the rocks so I have now issues haha

New scape looks worth all the effort mate!
Flubber Island has a nice ring to it to!
Thanks man! :) I'm really happy with it so far and how the fish are enjoying it too! Flubber Island will continue to be my dirty secret and the Softie Sump Sanctuary is the even dirtier secret we don't talk about hahaha

Lovely tank, liking the new scape. Out of curiosity, are you still running the MH/T5's? I'm switching from LED to a giesemann spectra so I figured ide ask your thoughts on the lighting so far?
Thanks mate :) Yep, still running MH/T5/LED lol I have even upgraded my 250w halide to a 400w halide now but due to the sweltering Australia summer heat I'm not running the halide at the moment and probably won't for another month maybe.
I still love what the halide does for the tank and the only change I'm making to the lighting in the foreseeable future is adding a second led strip and playing with the light times (reducing the t5 hours and increasing the halide hours). The led's I run for 12-14hrs a day, t5's for 10-8hrs and the halide will be around 4-6hrs to end up with :)

Mattres

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d be interested to know what your thoughts are about changing your MH/T5 light run times. My MH are only on for 3 hours a day at the moment because of summer. I think over the past week Adelaide’s average temp has been 40°C (103°f);Dead

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d be interested to know what your thoughts are about changing your MH/T5 light run times. My MH are only on for 3 hours a day at the moment because of summer. I think over the past week Adelaide’s average temp has been 40°C (103°f);Dead
I've flat out got mine off for summer. It just gets way too hot in our apartment and without the halides the tank can still hit 27 on some days!
The weather has been crazy the last few weeks I'm just hoping for some cool weather to break it up. But yeah, I have my halides off during summer lol

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some new, nice pics of how the tank is progressing! Corals are a bit of a sad state but that's just a needed case of TLC lol
fts_Feb.jpg

angle_feb.jpg

sideshot_feb.jpg

And how could I not take a pretty picture of Macaroni!
macaroni.jpg

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still dosing the CE stuff?
Very minimally, with the lack of love the dosing all but stopped. Started some small doses once a week just for a bit, as I'll be gone for three weeks I'm not going to start a full regime of dosing till after I'm back lol

Wow. He is really growing.
Yeah!! He's doing so well!! I'm over the moon!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great Wrangy.
Nice full frag rack too.
Thanks Janci! :) The frag rack is my temp holding till I decide to mount everything :) I need to get a few more tiles to mount things too though!

Looking very nice. :)
Thanks Simon! :)

Great looking tank! The coloration of that hammer is just plain crazy :)
Thanks mate :D It's a pretty special piece! I adore it to bits and I don't even like hammers haha

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back