Wrangy's Reef - 80g of Wrasse & SPS

Mattres

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep I caved, hardcore to all the pressure haha I'm going to work on breeding them!! I've been looking for a project to wet my feet in breeding and what a perfect start :D Thanks for the compliment! I'm certainly happy :D

Aw man! What are you doing! Would have been good to catch up but I'm out all day! Next time you're in the state haha

Some quick crappy pics of the sump tank too :) I'll try to get some good clown pics tomorrow :D
sumpFTS.jpg

zoarack.jpg
Great idea to breed them. And they're good little sump monsters haha.

Haha no worries mate, I'll have to make a dedicated reef pilgrimage to Vic one day!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where's the Nem that was with the clowns? Lol jk
haha a little out of my price range :p Worth $1k and was already sold haha

Awesome tank! Do you keep an instagram account for the tank?
I don't sorry, just the forums and FB groups :)

Great idea to breed them. And they're good little sump monsters haha.
Haha no worries mate, I'll have to make a dedicated reef pilgrimage to Vic one day!
Definitely going to work on getting good numbers and being clowns I've started at the right end lol

One day!!

Cool tank, can I see your calcium reactor set up?
Thanks mate! Here's some quick pics :)

wow, awesome. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you for the compliment and for tagging along :)

tweeter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Bruce :) I'm definitely happy with the tank considering where it was 6 months ago! It was bubble algae city with a sprinkling of bryopsis and AEFW :( But after a fluconazole treatment, vibrant dosing and Bayer dips we're free of all of those things and I couldn't be happier!! The fish didn't care about any of them lol the bubble algae got real bad too!

Zoa's a real passion of mine so thank yoou! I've been working on it for a long time! It started with humble beginnings too! And a bit of a fragging effort :)

As for the fish, I'm really good friends with the guys at my lfs so he knows exactly what I love and want and I get messages at 11pm with a picture of an order list or of a fish from the supplier! lol there's a pair of juvenile Gold Nugget Maroon Clownfish that he has at the moment and I've fallen in love so he keeps reminding me that they're there and sent me this last night too! He's pure evil lol

Oh there's lots of room and I'll definitely be making sure I can fit at least 10000 pieces :p and with my lfs looking like this you know I'll have some cracking pieces :D haha
Wow I wish we ha d LFS like that here!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome clowns, your lfs is absolutely ridiculous
Ridiculous is right!! This was Friday nights shipment from Sustainable Reefs (the best acro collectors in Australia!!)

Congrats on the new clowns, where's the nem?
At $1k and already sold it was not coming home with me haha but I'm stoked with the clowns!!!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

M007

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ridiculous is right!! This was Friday nights shipment from Sustainable Reefs (the best acro collectors in Australia!!)

At $1k and already sold it was not coming home with me haha but I'm stoked with the clowns!!!

Well you guys have some saliva inducing Acro but 1K for that NEM? Ouch! I bought a small rock with a NEM like that and some pretty pink zoos for $125 :eek:

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well you guys have some saliva inducing Acro but 1K for that NEM? Ouch! I bought a small rock with a NEM like that and some pretty pink zoos for $125 :eek:
Yep it's a huge price! But my lfs is doing the right thing and is keeping it, cutting it, selling off the cuts to people he trusts and thinks can split it themselves so that it gets shared around, there's lots of backups and it's cheaper for us and he makes more :)

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's beautiful, wrangy! I'm so jealous of you! You live every reefers dream, close to the GBR! Not to mention you're LFS is amazing! And I'm a sucker for women with that accent! I feel boring now lol. Maybe one day I'll make it down under!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's beautiful, wrangy! I'm so jealous of you! You live every reefers dream, close to the GBR! Not to mention you're LFS is amazing! And I'm a sucker for women with that accent! I feel boring now lol. Maybe one day I'll make it down under!
Haha thanks mate :) we miss out on a lot of zoa's and fish though due to import laws :( haha
It's worth the trip ;) lol

I picked up some new zoa's today! Here's some phone shots of two of the newbies!
KO's Nightmare
20171005_132923-01.jpeg

And the Bubble Yum :D
20171005_132954-01.jpeg

kingdog22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank! Why in the @#$! Was the Nem 1k? It looked like it was just a small lemon drop!
I also have a bonded pair of Gold Nuggets that live in a Colorado Sunburst Nem that split recently. Now each one sleeps in the 2 nems.

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank! Why in the @#$! Was the Nem 1k? It looked like it was just a small lemon drop!
I also have a bonded pair of Gold Nuggets that live in a Colorado Sunburst Nem that split recently. Now each one sleeps in the 2 nems.

I wish my girl and I would get two beds..she's always kickin me.. [emoji52]

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back