OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this lighting question is not about a bigger tank, than I prefer to remind you that you anticipated a wrasse update as well. LOL
I have been nail biting ever since and just stopped at my elbows.

I would still go with the XR15's. And 4 would be enough for your tank I reckon.
I'll probably go the XR15 route anyway, more versatile in the long run as well :)

It's coming haha I have to wait to find out what I'm getting from the LFS but it's going to be good!! I did consider getting a Madagascan Flasher Wrasse but $1500 is just too much for a fish that doesn't have a long lifespan. I'm only spending that if I can get 10 years at minimum (with no mistakes haha) there's lots of goodies coming though!!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can do that. We have the technology.

And it can be cheap.

hahahahaha

My lfs is an absolute whizz so I could probably convince him to do it and make it look a thousand times better than anything I could manage ;Hilarious

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly the easiest way to do it would be to get some slightly larger reflectors for the T5, re-drill their holes that attach them to the fixture, and angle them.

Another highly detailed schematic, ambivalent faces are t5s

03abdcc42b2c16fb343f9e9bb94e9393.jpg

And I can't say enough good things about this finger painting app. You all have no idea what you're missing LOL

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly the easiest way to do it would be to get some slightly larger reflectors for the T5, re-drill their holes that attach them to the fixture, and angle them.

Another highly detailed schematic, ambivalent faces are t5s

03abdcc42b2c16fb343f9e9bb94e9393.jpg

And I can't say enough good things about this finger painting app. You all have no idea what you're missing LOL

Doodles! Love it!

The tilting of the t5's is the direction heading too..

The sheer budget being discussed with the lighting is hurting my head.

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah but it's an Australian cat, so it's probably venomous :(
The only venom she has is when she insults you, she can be very mean with her words haha

IMG_20190626_155851_647.jpg

You can trust fish not to kill you while you sleep Dom.......... say hi to Georgia for me :)

7.jpg
Well look who the cat dragged in :p and you nailed it, she regularly tries to smother me hahaha

I heard you bought a comet! What a stunner too :D

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooo in typical fashion I am still undecided on lighting haha I've come up with some more ideas and well they still involve halides haha I just don't know if I can give them away, it's just so difficult to want to leave such an amazing light!! (instead of 3x XR30 G4 Pro's + 4x 39w T5's)

I'm back to the idea of a single large reflector (400w MH) flanked by two Radion XR30 G4 Pro's (w. diffusers) again, I've drawn it out and it would definitely cover the tank haha. I would also mount the Radions at a ~20-45 degree angle to have them cover more area in the tank, especially when those blues hit! Unfortunately it's nigh on impossible to source any of the old Lumenarc or Lumenbrite reflectors here in Aus so I would be considering the Cabo Sun System from Hamilton Tech. as I currently use a Hamilton setup and love it. (I will be making some posts to try and find an old second hand Lumen type reflector if I can though). Need some thoughts from the brains trust and those I know have used halides and have amazing tanks
@jda @YHSublime
@bubbaque @Renton777
@Rakie @samparker
@Biggles @aquavista99
@tdb320reef @Big E
@Battlecorals
@FarmerTy
@Perry
@SneakyTortuga

Sorry for the tag spam everyone but I am in need of desperate help!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back