OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's been the hardest most painful part about being acro-less?? Have an LFS like this that just looovvveeesss sending pictures like this to tease you!
received_1991755624168239.jpeg

received_1991755627501572.jpeg

Saw them today too and hoolllyyy moley! Just insanity! So because I couldn't get any acro I went a little crazy and put my name on the craziest little blotched anthias :D
20171125_114538.jpg

And this stunning colini angel, with just the best personality!
FB_IMG_1511590760157.jpg

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Giving the tank a little bit of love this weekend :) I've done a 75L (20g) water change with natural saltwater and I've spent all morning fragging my zoa's! :D ended up making about 70 frags haha
20171126_122632.jpg

I'll take some nice pics tonight even though nothing has really changed :)

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so many zoa frags......
Ended up being 60 haha I hope he's able to sell them all :D

Looking good buddy
Cheers mate!! Not quite your quality of picture but I'm getting there slowly haha

Hi Wrangy

So did you get a colini?? One of my fav's!! :D
Nooo....

He has an absolutely amazing personality and is already nearly as much of a puppy as Burgers the burgessi haha he wasn't my only addition though ;) I picked up the most stunning tiny little blotched anthias!!! He has been named the Devourer as while in the store he ate a BUNCH of new born seahorses haha

The last gorgeous goodies that I got was an adorable little pair of flame hawks!!!!!!!!!! Been about 2-3 years since I lost my pair and have been to heartbroken to get more but these two little ones reminded me of just how much I love my hawks so they came home with me too! haha

Still not doing much else in the tank though, moved the rock a little bit but it still needs some work.

Narcosis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the additions, but the Colini is my favourite now (sorry burgers)

Great to hear he is eating too!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the additions, but the Colini is my favourite now (sorry burgers)

Great to hear he is eating too!
Burger's is going to be a very hard fish to beat! haha he's a big puppy and I adore him so :p I can see the colini will very quickly draw level with him though as he has the same puppy personality :D lol

Also a video of feeding time :)

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'd like everyone to know that I'm still alive and so is the tank

I had a fantastic time in the US and even the snow storms in NY that kept us stuck there for three days was an experience and a half haha I did manage to visit @TeamAquaSD and Two Guys Corals which were both amazing! There was a couple I missed out on but I'll get to them next time!
The tank survived my absence really well, my partner was amazing looking after my babies :) The only big bad news was that we lost my big baby maxima :( she was lost under mysterious circumstances and no idea why. It certainly wasn't from lack of care from my partner though (her friends at work are calling her the "Clam Killer" now haha). So while that news was pretty upsetting as you can imagine all the fish are happy and safe and all the other corals are doing really well :)
The best part about getting back is now that the tank has been completely acro free for the last 10wks or so, it's time for the fun to begin again!!

I have a few big plans for the restocking process and it should be a rather fun time! I'm excited to say the least! My plans are to get at least 50% of the water changed in the next couple of weeks, run the battery of tests twice a week and get two or three Triton tests done over the next month or two done. On top of that, guess who's FINALLY getting a screen top made haha. TopLids are making my top for me and so far he's been absolutely fantastic to deal with so I'll be doing a small review on them when I get my top on the tank!!

I spend a few hours last weekend giving the tank a good scrub, clean, water change and rescape too. Cleaned all the glass, tidied the frag tank, got bullied by my female maroon lol and overhauled the scape! It looks like a big ol' pile of rocks but it's all lifted and open underneath using rebar mesh chairs (which are amazing to use for reefing purposes haha) and the reason I haven't gone super creative with the scape is it's tailored more for the happiness of the fish than having a crazy wack-a-doodle scape :lol: There's lots of acro mounting space and I already have the layout and acro placements in my head so it's just a matter of getting there now :)

tristanfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'd like everyone to know that I'm still alive and so is the tank

I had a fantastic time in the US and even the snow storms in NY that kept us stuck there for three days was an experience and a half haha I did manage to visit @TeamAquaSD and Two Guys Corals which were both amazing! There was a couple I missed out on but I'll get to them next time!
The tank survived my absence really well, my partner was amazing looking after my babies :) The only big bad news was that we lost my big baby maxima :( she was lost under mysterious circumstances and no idea why. It certainly wasn't from lack of care from my partner though (her friends at work are calling her the "Clam Killer" now haha). So while that news was pretty upsetting as you can imagine all the fish are happy and safe and all the other corals are doing really well :)
The best part about getting back is now that the tank has been completely acro free for the last 10wks or so, it's time for the fun to begin again!!

I have a few big plans for the restocking process and it should be a rather fun time! I'm excited to say the least! My plans are to get at least 50% of the water changed in the next couple of weeks, run the battery of tests twice a week and get two or three Triton tests done over the next month or two done. On top of that, guess who's FINALLY getting a screen top made haha. TopLids are making my top for me and so far he's been absolutely fantastic to deal with so I'll be doing a small review on them when I get my top on the tank!!

I spend a few hours last weekend giving the tank a good scrub, clean, water change and rescape too. Cleaned all the glass, tidied the frag tank, got bullied by my female maroon lol and overhauled the scape! It looks like a big ol' pile of rocks but it's all lifted and open underneath using rebar mesh chairs (which are amazing to use for reefing purposes haha) and the reason I haven't gone super creative with the scape is it's tailored more for the happiness of the fish than having a crazy wack-a-doodle scape :lol: There's lots of acro mounting space and I already have the layout and acro placements in my head so it's just a matter of getting there now :)

You made it over? Nice!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You made it over? Nice!
Yeah, I was over for a couple of weeks which was awesome to finally get across and see the US! Hoping that I can time the next trip for MACNA haha

Glad everything is ok.
Me too :) Time to get busy and get the tank cranking!

I love that Mitratus Wrangy gorgeous fish!
Burgers is an absolute gem! Hand feeds, follows me round like a puppy, I absolutely love him :D

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the big maxima mate, that’s such a shame! Looking forward to seeing the display fill up with acros!
It was a huge bummer and my partner was super upset that it happened under her watch but I don't blame her at all! It did mean that I could do a much more serious rescape done though.

I'm nearly at the point of new stock too! Dealing with the nutrients that I've been ignoring since I got back haha (50ppm NO3, 0.4ppm Phos lol) but that's an easy fix, going to do lots of water changes in the next two weeks and dose some lanth :)

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also closely contemplating swapping my lighting up! I'm thinking about simplifying the whole setup :) I'll definitely be keeping the Radium running on the tank but changing things up to the following:
- 250/400w Radium 20k MH
- 2x Radion XR30 Gen4 Pro's

That should be more than enough light to absolutely blast the tank and get some pretty colours and growth!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 122 58.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 30.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 36.2%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 62 30.0%
Back