Wrangy's Reef Dungeon (Waterbox 170)

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Australia and New Zealand use different plug hole shapes for electrical plugs so Trident has a functional but less attractive board for us.

But, yeah we'll keep our corals if it's a choice between them and an EB832!

Why cant you get the Energy Bar?
Customs? Or do you guys use some weird plug configuration?
What current do your houses run on?

I'm totally willing to buy you EB8's to trade for Aussie Gold Torches and acro's.

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why cant you get the Energy Bar?
Customs? Or do you guys use some weird plug configuration?
What current do your houses run on?

I'm totally willing to buy you EB8's to trade for Aussie Gold Torches and acro's.

Australia and New Zealand use different plug hole shapes for electrical plugs so Trident has a functional but less attractive board for us.

But, yeah we'll keep our corals if it's a choice between them and an EB832!
A large portion of the reason we don't have the powerbars too is because of getting electrical compliance certification. We have some crazy strict and stringent rules and Neptune simply don't want to put the time, effort or money into getting the compliance checks completed to sell here.

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can totally solve this problem for you guys...

Just adopt the US Standard system of measurement, and adopt US Federal regulations with regard to electrical compliance.

There....fixt.
Ew inches, feet, miles, gallons :p How about you guys stop being nutcases and switch to the units of measurement the rest of the world uses :p

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because inches, feet, miles, and gallons all make sense.
Centimeters, meters, kilometers, and Imperial gallons are weird.
Because we're America.
It's like Australia, but without all the stuff that wants to kill you.
And our toilet's dont flush backwards.
So you should just change to our measurements.
It's betterer......and stuff.

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ew inches, feet, miles, gallons :p How about you guys stop being nutcases and switch to the units of measurement the rest of the world uses :p
Because inches, feet, miles, and gallons all make sense.
Centimeters, meters, kilometers, and Imperial gallons are weird.
Because we're America.
It's like Australia, but without all the stuff that wants to kill you.
And our toilet's dont flush backwards.
So you should just change to our measurements.
It's betterer......and stuff.

We used to use yours here. I'm old enough to have used both. Some of yours are better, some of ours are better. And if you know both like me you get to cherry pick the best of each! ;)

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can totally solve this problem for you guys...

Just adopt the US Standard system of measurement, and adopt US Federal regulations with regard to electrical compliance.

There....fixt.

I’ve actually been advocating for this during the stay at home time. This is the perfect moment to switch.

I don’t know how it doesn’t bother anybody that Fahrenheit is 32 and Celsius is 0 for freezing. Like, George and James were like “I say old chap, hows about we pick an arbitrary number to start at freezing, how about 32?!”

after writing that out I was curious about how America got Fahrenheit, and its not just pulled out of a hat, but I still think it’s silly.

We’re getting quite some controversy on this thread here, from Neptune bars to measurements, lol.

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a myth about the toilet thing, I was just throwing it out to be funny.

Metric system is not funny and makes no sense.
Do not want.
We definitely get your humour @Maxx :)

I'll show you some advantages of metric.

1 metric tonne = 1000kg and also
1 metric tonne = 1000 litres of water
1000 litres of water is exactly 1 cubic metre

So if I have an aquarium 3 metres by 1 metre internal dimensions, I know immediately it holds 3000 litres of water. And it weighs 3 metric tonnes excluding the glass weight.

This is the advantage. The correlation between measurements in the metric system.

Then we have Celcius for temperature. 0 degrees = freezing point of water and 100 degrees = the boiling point of water. Any number between is a percentage of the way between the two.

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well artemia culture plans are slowly coming together! I have my shelves in the laundry which I will be housing brine and hopefully phyto a little later on. Just need to sort out a hatching station and adjust the shelves a little but getting there!
20200517_221745.jpg

Start up order is placed too!
received_288600075484687.png

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in massachusetts, and am currently building the entire red and orange lines to update the boston subway fleet.

The company is based in china, and all the blueprints and schematics are in metric. Took a while to get used to, but i prefer it now. For distance anyways. The only liters i wanna see are flanked by a proof rating. ;)

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in massachusetts, and am currently building the entire red and orange lines to update the boston subway fleet.

The company is based in china, and all the blueprints and schematics are in metric. Took a while to get used to, but i prefer it now. For distance anyways. The only liters i wanna see are flanked by a proof rating. ;)
As a civil engineer this sounds like an awesome job!! Would be so cool to work on a subway system!!

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

As a civil engineer this sounds like an awesome job!! Would be so cool to work on a subway system!!

Careful! You'll get tunnel vision!o_O

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its neat... but buildin space flight life support systems for the I.S.S. and mission to mars was much more so. Miss that job

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Duuuuuuddeeee!!! That would have been UNREAL!! (jealous as f... haha)
Itll be a cool story for the grandkids when i tell them my handwriting is on the parker solar probe and is scheduled to be flown into the sun after 28 orbits. All in dee past... my real dreams will be lived out next spring when i move west to the rockies. Plus a new build thread shall commence which is always exciting.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back