OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man i love your scape. It makes me consider going bb for the next one. Grats on the timer finally going off to begin stocking this puppy up!
It's the first scape I've ever done that I've been 100% happy with haha I am contemplating adding a small piece in the front. My plan is to grow so many corals and frags on the BB, like what WWC has in their big tanks!

20200610_093757.jpg

Big fan of that monti! Tanks looking great sir
Yeah, it's a really nice piece! :D Thanks man!!

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No matter how hard I try, I always end up with a bearded vortech from my own beard ;Hilarious
20200619_153655.jpg

This could open up a whole new line of reefing gear, also effective on GHA ;Hilarious

96668DE5-07A3-437B-AA1C-CB413CADD9BF.jpeg

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I missed a bunch of updates sorry but the tank is coming along Awsome!
pretty sure there is also only 1 Neptune trident in Australia to add to the Neptune discussion but I could be mis informed.
Do you mind me asking where did you get your bounce mushroom from I havnt seen one in a store around here just the photo of a ricordia that had ‘bounced’ from bespoke?
Where the 2x mp40’s not enough flow or not directional enough since the other powerhead addition on the back?
Sorry if I doubled up on a question somewhere, and love how the tank is coming along, can’t wait to see it grown in

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I missed a bunch of updates sorry but the tank is coming along Awsome!
pretty sure there is also only 1 Neptune trident in Australia to add to the Neptune discussion but I could be mis informed.
Do you mind me asking where did you get your bounce mushroom from I havnt seen one in a store around here just the photo of a ricordia that had ‘bounced’ from bespoke?
Where the 2x mp40’s not enough flow or not directional enough since the other powerhead addition on the back?
Sorry if I doubled up on a question somewhere, and love how the tank is coming along, can’t wait to see it grown in
Haha no stress, thanks for catching up mate!
There's definitely only one or two, might be a few more that no one has posted about but they're definitely not available for purchase yet.
Bounce came from a local, there's a few around but they're not from stores. You'd have to keep an eye out on the classifieds to find one or make a post in the groups about wanting one to get, be prepared to pay like $2k though haha
I definitely want more flow in the tank, the aim is to get another 2 MP40's in the tank for more flow variety and less dead spots. It's less about bulk flow and more about general overall flow variety for me. I could definitely get away with these two but I always want more haha

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha no stress, thanks for catching up mate!
There's definitely only one or two, might be a few more that no one has posted about but they're definitely not available for purchase yet.
Bounce came from a local, there's a few around but they're not from stores. You'd have to keep an eye out on the classifieds to find one or make a post in the groups about wanting one to get, be prepared to pay like $2k though haha
I definitely want more flow in the tank, the aim is to get another 2 MP40's in the tank for more flow variety and less dead spots. It's less about bulk flow and more about general overall flow variety for me. I could definitely get away with these two but I always want more haha
Fair enough maybe I’ll chase one in the future if the price goes down or I get a lot more money haha. Thanks for the info on the flow :)

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just caught up on your journal @Wrangy and I love how its coming along so far! That was a massive bloom you had there. Are you still running the UV?
Your new house looks awesome too!!
Hey man! Thanks for the compliments haha and yeah, the bloom was absolute madness! I'm glad it's over with now though. Yep still running the UV and will probably continue for a little while longer too :)
We're really loving the place too! It's been so amazing having our own place!

buddy.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man! Thanks for the compliments haha and yeah, the bloom was absolute madness! I'm glad it's over with now though. Yep still running the UV and will probably continue for a little while longer too :)
We're really loving the place too! It's been so amazing having our own place!
How good is the freedom from having a real estate agent breathing down your neck about the smallest thing!
You can drill holes in your walls and spill water without a worry in the world haha.

What brand is your UV? I'm looking at running one just for water clarity/algae control and I'm interested in your thoughts.

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How good is the freedom from having a real estate agent breathing down your neck about the smallest thing!
You can drill holes in your walls and spill water without a worry in the world haha.

What brand is your UV? I'm looking at running one just for water clarity/algae control and I'm interested in your thoughts.
It's amazing, so nice to have the freedom of doing what you like and not having to worry about landlords or approval or anything! I must admit we were pretty lucky in the last place as it was so old and tired that the landlord didn't really give a stuff about what we did haha

I think off the top of my head it's an Orca 36w unit, it's a cheaper unit because I wasn't spending $500+ on something I might only use temporarily but it's been great! Uni Hill Aquarium were who I got it from and they stock them :)

sam.veilleux30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, happy to see the tank getting there.
It will soon be full of nice colonies!
i didn't catch if your rocks were dead live rock or man made, if so wich brand?
I really like your scape.
On the gaming side... just finished tlou part 2, wow the story is as immersive and emotional than the first.
Naughty dog is the best storytelling studio i've encountered so far.

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, happy to see the tank getting there.
It will soon be full of nice colonies!
i didn't catch if your rocks were dead live rock or man made, if so wich brand?
I really like your scape.
On the gaming side... just finished tlou part 2, wow the story is as immersive and emotional than the first.
Naughty dog is the best storytelling studio i've encountered so far.
Thanks man! It's been really slow here in Aus reefing because of COVID! It's put the price of stock shipping through the roof so most stores are getting bare minimum and tiny amounts of fish haha I'm really sad as I just want to buy things hahaha
It's real reef rock :) all dead :) definitely one of my favourites of the dead rocks out there!

I've heard amazing things about tlou 2, I've been mostly playing Escape From Tarkov and I'm holding my breath so hard for Cyberpunk 2077 and Assassins Creed Valhalla!! I am so excited for those games haha (and the new Crash Bandicoot as well haha)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back