OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as you may know it's winter here in Aus and Georgia has been picking on my working from home fashion! Personally, I think she's just jealous of my style but she'll never admit to it!
20200817_084446.jpg

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the love @JCOLE I thought R2R was broken when I logged in and saw over 100 notifications hahaha

Lol no problem. I'm not done. I had to take a break because my thumb was going numb!

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as you may know it's winter here in Aus and Georgia has been picking on my working from home fashion! Personally, I think she's just jealous of my style but she'll never admit to it!
20200817_084446.jpg
Not quite sure what to say. Lounge shorts with teal Uggs, feeling free yet cozy at the same time? Score!

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200817_084446.jpg

Wow, I was not expecting this, this morning...
But to go out once and a while would not harm, I guess.... :cool:

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Therdes i finnishedd all offh yourrs biulld threread....sorry, my fingers are numb. I meant "There, I finished all of your build thread".

giphy.gif

Looking good!!! Following along for the ride.

We can all tell from all the likes! We know what you've been doing today! Does your boss? ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can all tell from all the likes! We know what you've been doing today! Does your boss? ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

Lol. I am sure he won't mind. Also, doesn't hurt when you're the boss. :D

IMG_4730.gif

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol no problem. I'm not done. I had to take a break because my thumb was going numb!
Therdes i finnishedd all offh yourrs biulld threread....sorry, my fingers are numb. I meant "There, I finished all of your build thread".

giphy.gif

Looking good!!! Following along for the ride.
Once again I thought R2R was broken when I logged in this morning haha I didn't even know I had that many posts in my thread hahaha glad you're all caught though mate! :D

Not quite sure what to say. Lounge shorts with teal Uggs, feeling free yet cozy at the same time? Score!
Not only am I high fashion, I'm a very practical person too hahaha

Wow, I was not expecting this, this morning...
But to go out once and a while would not harm, I guess.... :cool:
Sometimes it's the surprises we expect least that get us the most hahaha

Happy with this?
Never tried it myself, the mud from fiji right?
Yeah, I think it cleans up the tank really nicely and adds a little extra biodiversity to the tank :) I take off my felt sock and leave the mesh sock running and pour the last dregs into the sock to catch all the large particles and toss those when it's settled out a bit :)
Yep, Fiji mud so you get some small stones, rare bit of plastic and other little pieces of stuff but it's all natural from the ocean and because I remove the larger stuff with a sock I'm not worried about adding it to the tank at all :)

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished the read from early 2020 (pre-pandemic if you can belive that time existed) to today.
The whole metric/imperial discussion make me smile a lot, i live under the blessed metric way of mesuring things and i enjoy taking hikes in our (metric mesured) trails north of the border.
EACH times i go to the states for a hike i end up having difficulty visualising the distance and therefore the time required for a hike: 1mile=1.6km so 3.8miles=???
Anyway, do you still have the longnose? Saw some pictures of him but no recents, i'm tempted to add one at some point now that my murderous tang is harassing the habitants of another tank.
87B9E423-C124-427F-BC37-1E656DFAD91B.jpeg

I know a meter, (uh, sorry, I meant metre) is 3.2 feet.
A kilometre is 0.6 miles.
It takes 3.78 litres to make a US gallon, (none of that Imperial Gallon stuff here), and a single litre is 0.2641729 of a gallon.
There is no consistency in metric (despite the lies posted on earlier pages). Everything is in random decimals.

12 inches to a foot.
My foot is 12 inches long.
5280 feet in a mile.
16 oz in a pint.
16 oz in a pound.
2000 pounds in a ton.

This is not hard.
The rest of the world just needs to math more betterer.

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! I'm pretty stoked about having a burgessi again :D
It looks good Dom.
You worried about it nibbling acros?
Chaetodon mitratus and Chaetodon burgessi are my favorites of this family.
I'd love to try one some day, but my current set up is too small.

Hope it does well in your system, Dom.

Also, once again, I somehow stopped getting notifications about your thread.
I'm going to have to figure this out as it's unacceptable.
How can I be expected to keep pointing out the ridiculousness of the metric system when I'm not being notified about the silliness and metric propaganda being posted up in my absence?
I'm going to need to speak to a manager about this...
Sigh

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never mind questioning :)
I'm getting product from a reef brand I have immense trust in to try out in this regards and I'll only be using a small amount for some baseline type dosing too.
I agree, there's definitely ways I'd rather go about this for sure but given that I can't add fish or feed the fatties more than I already do and I can't really have the skimmer off, the dosing is the simplest/best way to do it for me at this stage :) this isn't planned to be a long term thing but more of a temporary fix till I can more fish in the tank to bring up the bioload :)

With my current little system and low fish load, I'm having to dose NO3 and PO4 as well. I have some fish in QT to bring the bioload up, (freshwater Mollies that I've been slowly acclimating to salt water), but until then, I'm having to dose almost daily.
These guys have excellent products and they're quite reasonable https://greenleafaquariums.com/categories/aquarium-fertilizer/macronutrients.html
Dont know if you can get their products in the Land of Oz or not, but I've been using their KNO3 supplement for several years now (same 1 lb/0.4535924 kg jar the entire time).

I know you're still using filter socks, but have you considered a filter roller?
I'm liking the little Bubble Magus filter roller I have. Whole lot easier than changing out filter socks every other day and this way I dont get yelled at by the wife for putting them in the clothes washer.

If you want to add some harmless fish that just swim about the tank, nibble algae, and dont fight with anything or do any damage to the corals, you might strongly look at converting freshwater Mollies over to salt. They are substantially less expensive than saltwater fish, can be purchased pretty much everywhere, and wont bring diseases over from freshwater to your reef.
They arent particularly attractive when compared to what is usually kept in a reef tank, but they serve a couple of different purposes:

Eat algae
Add bioload without eating/harming coral
Good dither fish to get new fish acclimated to the tank without aggression

Kinda wishing I'd figured that out earlier and used them as a dither fish for QT over the years.

Just random thoughts while I'm on nightshift and drinking coffee...take them for what they're worth, (which isnt much).

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back