Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks good Dom.
You worried about it nibbling acros?
Chaetodon mitratus and Chaetodon burgessi are my favorites of this family.
I'd love to try one some day, but my current set up is too small.

Hope it does well in your system, Dom.

Also, once again, I somehow stopped getting notifications about your thread.
I'm going to have to figure this out as it's unacceptable.
How can I be expected to keep pointing out the ridiculousness of the metric system when I'm not being notified about the silliness and metric propaganda being posted up in my absence?
I'm going to need to speak to a manager about this...
Sigh
I have a fish feeding fetish so I avoid a lot of nipping and nibbling issues with fat tummies ;Hilarious
Weird that your notifications keep cutting out but it leaves a few fun surprises when you do catch up haha

I know you're still using filter socks, but have you considered a filter roller?
I'm liking the little Bubble Magus filter roller I have. Whole lot easier than changing out filter socks every other day and this way I dont get yelled at
I've thought about it but the dual sock setup in the waterbox is such simple maintenance that the benefits of a roller aren't really worth the extra costs involved :)
I'm the only one that does washing in our house so using the machine for the filter socks always goes unnoticed hahaha

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoopsidoodle :cool:;)
20200822_133103.jpg

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NICE!
I dont wanna steal your thunder on the reveal, but that's going to be gorgeous in your tank!
And I bet it was so affordable too!
9.45813 AUS (Metric) dollars which comes out to $1 (Standard) US.

That's one of the fish I'd love to keep, but my little 40 is too small. I'd love a C.joculator some day as well.
You have great taste in fish Dom.

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys have a beautiful country.
I see many similarities between Aus and the US, (and I mean that as a compliment, truly). You're a country founded by strong people who came from humble beginnings. Your forefathers had to carve their part of the world out of a hostile wilderness full of things that would happily kill and eat you, (something Aus is FAMOUS for worldwide).
Your forefathers survived and thrived due to hard work and their sweat off their brow. Filled with never quit, determination and absolute true grit, Australia was made.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddd then you guys adopted metric.

Sigh.

Your forefathers would be disappointed.

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys have a beautiful country.
I see many similarities between Aus and the US, (and I mean that as a compliment, truly). You're a country founded by strong people who came from humble beginnings. Your forefathers had to carve their part of the world out of a hostile wilderness full of things that would happily kill and eat you, (something Aus is FAMOUS for worldwide).
Your forefathers survived and thrived due to hard work and their sweat off their brow. Filled with never quit, determination and absolute true grit, Australia was made.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddd then you guys adopted metric.

Sigh.

Your forefathers would be disappointed.

You have to understand our animals aren't as scary in metric!

That 21 foot saltwater crocodile doesn't sound so scary when you say 7 metre saltwater crocodile! ;Nailbiting;Nailbiting;Nailbiting

And that 14 foot king brown snake is now only 4 and a half metres!;Nailbiting;Nailbiting;Nailbiting

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NICE!
I dont wanna steal your thunder on the reveal, but that's going to be gorgeous in your tank!
And I bet it was so affordable too!
9.45813 AUS (Metric) dollars which comes out to $1 (Standard) US.

That's one of the fish I'd love to keep, but my little 40 is too small. I'd love a C.joculator some day as well.
You have great taste in fish Dom.
Haha it's hardly a difficult guess but I'm really looking forward to the little guy!!

I dunno if affordable is the right word, 300 dollarydoos isn't what I would call cheap haha I'm glad you're enjoying my fish choices as there's still plenty to come!! C. joculator are stunning! I love c. interruptus too but they both cost a bomb here haha

That 21 foot saltwater crocodile doesn't sound so scary when you say 7 metre saltwater crocodile! ;Nailbiting;Nailbiting;Nailbiting

And that 14 foot king brown snake is now only 4 and a half metres!;Nailbiting;Nailbiting;Nailbiting
Best excuse I've heard for the metric system!! ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Carnivorous dinosaurs are scary whether they are in Standard or metric.
Venomous snakes are still venomous whether they are Standard or metric.

That doesnt change, no matter how whackadoodle the measurement system is.

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha it's hardly a difficult guess but I'm really looking forward to the little guy!!

I dunno if affordable is the right word, 300 dollarydoos isn't what I would call cheap haha I'm glad you're enjoying my fish choices as there's still plenty to come!! C. joculator are stunning! I love c. interruptus too but they both cost a bomb here haha

Best excuse I've heard for the metric system!! ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

They cost the bomb here too.....sadly. And I dont have room for either one in my little system.

And there is no excuse for the metric system.

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does everyone know what this is besides me? Is it an interruptus? :D
I wish it was an interruptus! Haha my wallets sadly not that fat though :( it's a flameback angelfish and he's in the box of sadness but in the tank after travelling across state borders!! Please enjoy my soothing metal music in the background of the video haha

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish it was an interruptus! Haha my wallets sadly not that fat though :( it's a flameback angelfish and he's in the box of sadness but in the tank after travelling across state borders!! Please enjoy my soothing metal music in the background of the video haha
Welcome home little one :)

Great new addition sir. :)

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it captive bred? I cant recall if that is a requirement for you guys or not. IIRC you guys cant get Royal Gramma's unless they're CB?

Your angel is shamed because the box you've stuck it in is is metric. You probably cheaped out and used metric pvc to stick in their with it also....:rolleyes:.

Might as well squirt lemon juice in it's eyes...

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it captive bred? I cant recall if that is a requirement for you guys or not. IIRC you guys cant get Royal Gramma's unless they're CB?

Your angel is shamed because the box you've stuck it in is is metric. You probably cheaped out and used metric pvc to stick in their with it also....:rolleyes:.

Might as well squirt lemon juice in it's eyes...

We can buy wild caught or captive bred fish. We can also import fish which must go through quarantine and are more expensive than locally caught.

However, we cannot import coral, we can only get Australian corals.

As for pvc It's hard to get imperial sizes here and more expensive if you can.

How many mls of lemon juice? :p

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 ounces.
Not mls.
Seriously?????

I'm surprised they restrict the importation of corals but not fish?
I understand the concern about non native species being introduced and out competing the native fauna...but why would that only be for corals and not fish as well? Fish are more adaptable than corals?

Hawaii has severe restrictions. No importation of corals or inverts, no collections of native corals, or liverock, so basically Hawaii just gets to keep FO tanks.

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surprisingly we actually aren't allowed to import any captive bred fish, how clowns get through astounds me but no one has ever stopped shipments of clowns that are clearly CB haha. There's currently effort in the works to change it so all captive breds are allowed to be imported but we'll see when that actually happens haha

I can understand why no corals but I also agree that it's a bit silly, I mean there's plenty of stealthily imported corals here but it's not through regular channels haha and holy **** do they fetch premium prices!!

giphy.gif

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Obi Wan.gif

Oh I bet....Lionfish are illegal to import into Hawaii, and in the late 80's Volitan Lions were going for $400 if you knew someone who knew someone.

And we all saw what happened to the Empire....are you really sure you want to be on that side?

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 ounces.
Not mls.
Seriously?????

I'm surprised they restrict the importation of corals but not fish?

I think that fish are allowed because they would have to find a mate to reproduce whereas corals could take off in numbers from one individual.

And apart from Grandma's old recipes, you'll only find ounces from drug dealers over here. Our DEA is probably keeping tabs on you already! ;Peeking

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back