Wrangy's Reef Dungeon (Waterbox 170)

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So small update :) I downloaded Mobius yesterday and got everything updated and added to Mobius and I have to say it was super simple and definitely a nice change of pace from Ecotech Live haha just need to get the upload template for the radion working so I can add in a schedule!

The tank is starting to grow coralline real nicely too! I'm pleased we're starting to hit stage one of the stride for the tank :)
20200917_134157.jpg

Stage one?
Enlighten me on the other stages...?
;)

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Australia isn't even real and I'm a paid actor ;) hahaha

I'm not sure what it was with the zeo cube, I think it was mainly a few years of stability that got it to that stage, I didn't really have a chance to get to that stage with the last tank as there was aefw and bubble algae that caused a couple of restarts through it's life. This tank is shaping up to be my nicest to date and I'm going to make sure that that is 100% the case!! :D
Well there it is.gif

Thank you for coming clean about the fraud being perpetrated about Australia actually being a country.
Your honesty is refreshing.
I award you one internets for your statement.

I think you're on the right track with your tank right now.
I bet in time this one is going to blow your cube away.
Do you want to go back to Zeo or do you not think it was worth the effort?
I'm debating whether or not to add Zeo amino's to my tank. I'm very low nutrients and seeing that in the corals.

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you're on the right track with your tank right now.
I bet in time this one is going to blow your cube away.
Do you want to go back to Zeo or do you not think it was worth the effort?
I'm debating whether or not to add Zeo amino's to my tank. I'm very low nutrients and seeing that in the corals.
I like to think I am as well :) I really want to make sure it does blow the cube away haha

I loved zeo and I still love zeo haha it's easily the most intensive method to run but the results are outstanding! It's simply too expensive here in Australia to run any more :( The dollar is too weak and the import costs are too expensive haha that and hardly any stores stock it anymore :(

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my lovely fiancee and her best friend discovered my YT channel that has like 15 videos of my reef tanks over the years and I'm being bullied and managed like I'm a superstar. They're sharing it to all our friends and picking on me ;Dead ;Hilarious

Wait til they find your R2R build threads!:eek::eek::eek:

I'll post a link in the comments on your yt channel now!;Troll;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait til they find your R2R build threads!:eek::eek::eek:

I'll post a link in the comments on your yt channel now!;Troll;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious
They already know about my love of forums and that's too nerdy for them to make fun of ;Hilarious ;Hilarious that means y'all nerds are too nerdy with me ;Hilarious

giphy.gif

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to think I am as well :) I really want to make sure it does blow the cube away haha

I loved zeo and I still love zeo haha it's easily the most intensive method to run but the results are outstanding! It's simply too expensive here in Australia to run any more :( The dollar is too weak and the import costs are too expensive haha that and hardly any stores stock it anymore :(

I've debated trying it, but I'm concerned about the time required to do it. I get busy with work every year right around the holidays and cant give my tank the attention it needs.

Might try a hybrid of it using a few bottles and not go with the zeolites just yet....

Sooooo many choices....

And post a link to your youtube channel goofball!
How are we supposed to join in on mocking you mercilessly without a link???

Jeez...do we have to do everything ourselves!!!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've debated trying it, but I'm concerned about the time required to do it. I get busy with work every year right around the holidays and cant give my tank the attention it needs.

Might try a hybrid of it using a few bottles and not go with the zeolites just yet....

Sooooo many choices....

And post a link to your youtube channel goofball!
How are we supposed to join in on mocking you mercilessly without a link???

Jeez...do we have to do everything ourselves!!!
I mean I would definitely recommend trying it but you really need to give it at least 6 months before deciding if it's working or not so you do need to decide if you want to dedicate that much time haha

Plenty of options for partial systems and dosing which is nice :)

I'm not afraid of you, bring it on :p

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You start off abusing the viewer by filming vertically.
Despite this assault, I push through and watch the videos.
You finally come to your senses about the 3rd video in and start holding the camera/phone sideways to give us a panoramic view and to stop tormenting your viewers.
For
One
Video

Then you fall off the wagon again and go back to vertical video.

Like an abused spouse, I believe it was an accident and you didnt really mean it because I can see that Horizontal Video is on the way.

Annnd after two videos you do it again....just like Charlie Brown and Lucy holding the football, you go back to your evil ways and start filming vertically again.
3 videos of vertical video....
Three.

I suffer through it since at this point I'm already committed and like the saying goes, "When you're going through Hell, keep going."

Of the remaining 7 video's, only three are proper Horizontal videos, the rest are just proof you hate us. You bounce around between vertical and horizontal video like a hamster on methamphetamine, pixie stix, and Mountain Dew Code Red.

Of the 18 video's, the only audio is either your choice in music or one of the cats telling you to hold the phone right......so not once does the viewer get to hear your voice.

Is your voice deep and manly, is it moderate, or is it high pitched and squeeky like Hugh Jackman sucking helium from a balloon?
The viewer doesnt know and left to decide on their own.
I'm going with high pitched and squeeky...although the peppers you grow might have made your voice a little more deep and gravelly.

On the bonus side,

We were treated to some absolutely beautiful fish, corals, and clams, and not one video of the "beard" hair in your Vortech.

Next time listen to the cat and hold the phone correctly.

All jokes aside, thank you very much for sharing. I enjoyed watching your videos.

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You finally come to your senses about the 3rd video in and start holding the camera/phone sideways to give us a panoramic view and to stop tormenting your viewers.
For
One
Video

Like an abused spouse, I believe it was an accident and you didnt really mean it because I can see that Horizontal Video is on the way.

Annnd after two videos you do it again....just like Charlie Brown and Lucy holding the football, you go back to your evil ways and start filming vertically again.
Three.

I suffer through it since at this point I'm already committed and like the saying goes, "When you're going through Hell, keep going."

Of the remaining 7 video's, only three are proper Horizontal videos, the rest are just proof you hate us. You bounce around between vertical and horizontal video like a hamster on methamphetamine, pixie stix, and Mountain Dew Code Red.

Of the 18 video's, the only audio is either your choice in music or one of the cats telling you to hold the phone right......so not once does the viewer get to hear your voice.

Is your voice deep and manly, is it moderate, or is it high pitched and squeeky like Hugh Jackman sucking helium from a balloon?
I'm going with high pitched and squeeky...although the peppers you grow might have made your voice a little more deep and gravelly.

On the bonus side,

We were treated to some absolutely beautiful fish, corals, and clams, and not one video of the "beard" hair in your Vortech.

All jokes aside, thank you very much for sharing. I enjoyed watching your videos.

You're just lucky he didn't film them upside down! We are down under you know! :p

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For
One
Video

Three.

On the bonus side,

Geeeezzzzzz, talk about a tough critic ;Dead

My voice is too sensual for camera, you wouldn't even be able to concentrate on the video ;Hilarious

Hahaha thanks man, hopefully I'll upload some more tank videos soon :)

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geeeezzzzzz, talk about a tough critic ;Dead

My voice is too sensual for camera, you wouldn't even be able to concentrate on the video ;Hilarious

Hahaha thanks man, hopefully I'll upload some more tank videos soon :)

All I'd have to do is remember the "beard" hair in your powerhead.
Hope to see more pics and video's when you can.

I know things are whackadoo all over the world right now.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 37 86.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.0%
Back