Wrangy's Reef Dungeon (Waterbox 170)

sam.veilleux30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds great! Can't wait for elder scrolls six and cyberpunk 2077
Same for me, but on console.
I did the witcher 3 times and still like it.
If you like video games you should try "the last of us". THE best one i ever played.
Worth getting a ps4 just for it.

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds great! Can't wait for elder scrolls six and cyberpunk 2077
My partner is a huge gamer as well so when Cyberpunk is out it'll be days between seeing each other hahaha

Hope she gives you some room for your reefing books ;) a little off topic but I just love the steampunk floor lamp!
I'm going to keep them all in the dungeon with me! I'll pass on your love for the lamp haha Georgia wanted it for ages!

A fish guy...
Joking, i love cats pics
Just for you then haha they were allowed to explore the balcony yesterday!
20191006_131049.jpg

20191005_122946.jpg

20191006_145320.jpg

20191006_144948.jpg

20191006_130745.jpg

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same for me, but on console.
I did the witcher 3 times and still like it.
If you like video games you should try "the last of us". THE best one i ever played.
Worth getting a ps4 just for it.
I've heard amazing things about the last of us! And I adored the Witcher 3, what an amazing game!!

I will follow your build. Congrats on your new place, it seem cozy.
Thanks man! Hopefully I can make it fun for everyone! I'm currently looking at a mixing station setup!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Men, your thread just became so much more enjoyable, being able to speak of video games and reef aquarium at the same place... i can't ask for more :)
Thumbs up for your "social media safe" pics by the way (no faces).
I'm always down to chat video games! One of my three major hobbies haha reefing, gaming (PC building as part of it haha) and miniature painting/tabletop gaming (Warhammer 40K, Eldar in particular haha) so I'm always happy to chat everything of any of those things!

No one would want to look at my ugly mug anyway ;Hilarious haha you might get it in a reflection though haha

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I've currently got the tank ordered and paid for, the three XR30 pro's ordered and paid for and the rock mostly paid for! haha

For the rock I'll be using Real Reef Rock and the scape has already been made and built. The reason for this is my lfs built a scape for someone and their tank but that person is currently doing battle with their landlord for the right to have a tank in their tattoo shop so my lfs is selling the structure and will make them a new one when they're ready. The structure is really cool and I always eye it off when I go into the store haha so I've decided why not and I'm going to buy it and use it! (also partly to help him move it on haha). It needs a small amount of adjust height-wise but otherwise I love it haha here are some pics :)
received_440592953467729.jpeg
received_2440616046211973.jpeg
received_525899504843624.jpeg
received_2245241335774549.jpeg

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that scape looks awsome! and wow $2000 for a scape... Now im thinking of selling scapes why does this happen every time haha
PS. how wide are the arches, ive always been intrested in how they are done because full rocks seem too heavy but splitting rocks could often end badly

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that scape looks awsome! and wow $2000 for a scape... Now im thinking of selling scapes why does this happen every time haha
PS. how wide are the arches, ive always been intrested in how they are done because full rocks seem too heavy but splitting rocks could often end badly
Yeah, it's a crazy cool scape! The real reef rocks aren't cheap, there's also a bunch of epoxy sticks in there and the time it took for my lfs to create it which is why it costs so much but it's crazy worth it! You should see some of the kick butt scapes that Bespoke put to together! :D
I actually don't know what the exact dimensions of it are but arches are a self supporting structure and the use of the epoxy helps the structural integrity :)

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it's a crazy cool scape! The real reef rocks aren't cheap, there's also a bunch of epoxy sticks in there and the time it took for my lfs to create it which is why it costs so much but it's crazy worth it! You should see some of the kick *** scapes that Bespoke put to together! :D
I actually don't know what the exact dimensions of it are but arches are a self supporting structure and the use of the epoxy helps the structural integrity :)
Fair enough, hopefully when I get a bigger tank I can make somthing like this. Have you got any photos of the bespoke scapes?

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Creating the scape is one of my favorite parts! You’ve robbed yourself of that experience!
I was once described by my own mother as having "the imagination of a concrete block" hahaha I'm not a very creative person, I'm all maths and logic so I can really struggle with creative things (part of the reason it takes me forever to paint minis haha). So with that being said, not having to stress about a scape is a real blessing for me haha and I can always fine tune it but I really do like that scape :) haha

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We finally have our hallway cabinet setup so we can start doing some better organisation!
20191010_080807.jpg

Our little bar setup is next to that (and my hot sauce collection haha)
received_507803429997602.jpeg

And I brought some plants over as well! I was also informed that my roses ruin the aesthetic of what Georgia is trying to achieve but I told her bad luck about it haha they will be living on the balcony!
20191009_221800.jpg

In tank related news, looks like it's only a week or two away! I'm hoping for next week but we shall see :D

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small planning update, water mixing station:

The original thoughts were to put the water mixing station in laundry and have that all contained in there but I've decided I might actually put it in the garage. There's a tap right at the front of the garage and a couple of 100L slim tanks would fit in there perfectly, plus there's power in the garage for a mixing pump and an RO booster pump.

These tanks are 100L and come with some stands and a very easy ability to tie them in together, having the RO and saltwater on hand in this amount will be amazing and certainly beat the heck out of having to carry 25-30L barrels up stairs haha I'll attach some flexible hose to the saltwater tank so I can pump it into the tank with no carrying involved! I'll probably keep a small Tunze in the saltwater bin for constant motion and mixing :)

e15fbe6e-3ee7-4a7d-a17d-d17cca5d41ba.jpg

I'm also planning on getting a third MP40 for the tank too as I think three will cover the tank nicely :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back