OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, these cats would give me creeps to enter the house...
Can you not exchange them for something like this

e2bd035d5b33ddd52151e1dfd2f42059.jpg

But I love how the tank is coming together.
Despite the looks they're actually incredibly loving and friendly cats hahaha (he says with scratch marks everywhere haha)

Oh, those cats are going down!
(famous last words)
No one wins that battle but the cats ;Hilarious

It would need to be a very strong structure! ;)
Hey!
;Hilarious
Shots fired! ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

The cats look thrilled to be photographed! Lol
Don't let them fool you, they love attention almost as much as they love food!! haha

They're only going down to get you!;Vamp
I bow now to my feline masters.
It's okay, we all bow down to them in this household haha it's a requirement for any and all guests!

Whippeee :D :D might have had to jump on some new fish! I do have some sad bad news from the tank world, I'm not sure what happened but one of the days/nights I wasn't at the tank I lost Burgers, the declivis and Marcy :( I have no idea what happened but it was a huge blow to me to love such loved fish, especially Burgers :( On the flip side of that one of the lfs's that I trust with fish messaged me out of the blue to say that he'd come across another prognathodes marcellae and so in a moment of weakness I made the decision to get another because opportunities like this are rare and far between! They also had a gorgeous little flameback angel that I also threw in!
20191109_180235.jpg

20191108_113345.jpg

20191108_113459.jpg

20191108_113504.jpg

Overall these are really healthy baby fish and I'm excited to watch them thrive and grow in the tank! I also picked up some new rock and the RADIONS today :D :D :D I will be mounting those bad boys as soon as possible haha

buddy.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ALWAYS wanted a flameback! I have had about 4 opportunity's to buy one over the years but I still can't make myself pull the trigger on a pygmy/dwarf angel in case it wants to eat corals and clams!
I am really keen to see how your one goes.

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ALWAYS wanted a flameback! I have had about 4 opportunity's to buy one over the years but I still can't make myself pull the trigger on a pygmy/dwarf angel in case it wants to eat corals and clams!
I am really keen to see how your one goes.
You best not look at the list of dwarf angels I want to add then haha plus the butterflies :p I've completely abandoned the idea of any LPS in the tank lol it's all going to be sps, shrooms and zoas haha I'll definitely be posting lots of updates though!

Do those prices include shipping?? Crazy expensive beer right there lol
I can't remember haha and yep, anything that's micro-brewery or fancy commands a premium price haha definitely worth every penny though! Beer for you guys is so much cheaper though haha

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stuff the lights I'm sure they will be fine, awwwwwwwwwww kitties! ;)
They can definitely be very cute when they want to be haha

Whoever works at that place has fantastic handwriting.

OH, and $$$ on those Radions, this build is adding up fast!
I know right! I was very surprised how nice the writing on the bags was!! haha

Definitely $$$ haha thankfully most of it was in store credit from coral selling otherwise I definitely wouldn't have gotten radions haha bought all the kit and caboodle for mounting the lights too!

Great movement on the tank.
Anxious to see the lights up and running.
I'm hoping they'll be mounted by tonight!! Need to find a better stud finder though haha the one I have isn't very good lol

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping they'll be mounted by tonight!! Need to find a better stud finder though haha the one I have isn't very good lol

My favorite stud finder is a powerful magnet, great at finding the nails that attach to studs!

We FINALLY got our couches!!
20191112_093921.jpg

That room looks great. We just finished our move this past week. My couches don't have the legs back on them as to not scratch up our new floor. And all my crap is still in the middle of every room while we finish painting.

I had this idea in my head that we'd be done in a weekend, moving, painting, etc. I finally understand it now when folks aren't really even moved in a year later, lol. The tank is the only thing left in the old place, it's kind of cool, like I'm starting an aquarium!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the 35 notifications @bubbaque hahaha

My favorite stud finder is a powerful magnet, great at finding the nails that attach to studs!
It's a bit of an odd wall otherwise I'd go the magnet route haha I'm just going to buy a decent finder, turns out the one I did buy is garbage haha

That room looks great. We just finished our move this past week. My couches don't have the legs back on them as to not scratch up our new floor. And all my crap is still in the middle of every room while we finish painting.

I had this idea in my head that we'd be done in a weekend, moving, painting, etc. I finally understand it now when folks aren't really even moved in a year later, lol. The tank is the only thing left in the old place, it's kind of cool, like I'm starting an aquarium!
I'll let Georgia know haha she's put a lot of time and effort into sorting that room out! Our garage is lined with boxes haha and we still have a fair bit of stuff to sort and sift through but I definitely want to be 100% unpacked by the end of the year haha it's so much work to do isn't it!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only run the ab+ for half the full intensity and run all blue for the other half. I’m looking forward to seeing what you think about the lights.
So ~4hrs of ab+ 100% and then 4hrs of blues 100% plus some ramping? What, total light time do you, run and how high off the water?

I plugged one in last night and holy smokes they're bright! I really like the colour of all channels on too!!

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Total of 11hrs that includes 1 1/2 hrs ramp up and down and 8 hrs full intensity. I run that at 100% 17” off the water surface.

Yeah they are bright for sure. They get hot also when on so be careful not to have the lens laying face down on something or it will burn the lens.

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Total of 11hrs that includes 1 1/2 hrs ramp up and down and 8 hrs full intensity. I run that at 100% 17” off the water surface.

Yeah they are bright for sure. They get hot also when on so be careful not to have the lens laying face down on something or it will burn the lens.
Awesome, thanks for that Bubba! I have them now mounted at about 17-18" and I'll be doing a similar schedule to you! :)

haha I've seen that mistake made by others and I know how hot those things can get!!

In some very exciting news, I got off my bum last night and finally got these bad boys mounted :D :D
20191112_190530.jpg

20191112_200008.jpg

20191112_195959.jpg

The cats are loving the new couches too and it's SO NICE TO HAVE REAL COUCHES AGAIN haha
20191112_093921.jpg

20191113_080247.jpg

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took me quite some time to get the hang of it but they're all programmed now too!! :D haha
20191113_211055.jpg

Next job is to sort out a few things in the sump and get a small crappy led light for the clowns to live under haha
20191113_211109.jpg

Then it'll be onto organising the electrical! Haha (I'm hooking the Skimmer co2 tonight haha)
20191113_211103.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back