OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweeeeeet addition. Butterflies and Angels are off my list till i decide to try a sps only reef. Someday.

Scapes looking straight mate :)
They'll be fiiinnneeee in a mixed reef, as long as you only keep acros in it :p

Thanks man!!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spent yesterday scrubbing and scraping and filtering the tank from head to toe!! The sink is everything I pulled out which was needed as I haven't really gone to town on things!
20200808_150637.jpg

I really stirred and scrubbed and put the filter socks to work!!
20200808_150642.jpg

But happy to report that we're looking beautiful and clean today!
20200808_183002-01.jpeg

And of course, Agatha enjoying her Sunday morning in the sun!
20200809_110905.jpg

Attachments

• 20200808_175457.mp4
    21.3 MB
OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally caught up! Thanks for letting us into your life. The bookshelves organized by color for the bookworm with photographic memory, cat photos, bearded mp40 were amongst the highlights.

An angel and butterfly tank would be amazing! Between corals and fish, I am more of a fish guy, but definitely need both. Along for the adventure!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally caught up! Thanks for letting us into your life. The bookshelves organized by color for the bookworm with photographic memory, cat photos, bearded mp40 were amongst the highlights.

An angel and butterfly tank would be amazing! Between corals and fish, I am more of a fish guy, but definitely need both. Along for the adventure!
Thanks for joining in for the ride :D I'm glad you're enjoying the shenanigans of the thread and our mad house haha

It's definitely my goal! Nothing beats angels and butterflies for me! :) I'll hopefully have a pretty impressive fish list and things progress and fish become more available here again :D It's an even split for coral and fish for me though, some days it's fish, other days it's corals haha depends on my mood I think haha

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphate test came back as pretty much non-existent haha so I've got some nitrate and phos dosing stuff coming in and will be bringing the levels up to a more reasonable level and get some real colour and growth going!
Hope you don’t mind me questioning things. I’ve dosed both before, and I would usually say that I would save dosing nitrate and phosphates as a last resort. Lots of other ways to raise nutrient levels...

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you don’t mind me questioning things. I’ve dosed both before, and I would usually say that I would save dosing nitrate and phosphates as a last resort. Lots of other ways to raise nutrient levels...
I never mind questioning :)
I'm getting product from a reef brand I have immense trust in to try out in this regards and I'll only be using a small amount for some baseline type dosing too.
I agree, there's definitely ways I'd rather go about this for sure but given that I can't add fish or feed the fatties more than I already do and I can't really have the skimmer off, the dosing is the simplest/best way to do it for me at this stage :) this isn't planned to be a long term thing but more of a temporary fix till I can more fish in the tank to bring up the bioload :)

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never mind questioning :)
I'm getting product from a reef brand I have immense trust in to try out in this regards and I'll only be using a small amount for some baseline type dosing too.
I agree, there's definitely ways I'd rather go about this for sure but given that I can't add fish or feed the fatties more than I already do and I can't really have the skimmer off, the dosing is the simplest/best way to do it for me at this stage :) this isn't planned to be a long term thing but more of a temporary fix till I can more fish in the tank to bring up the bioload :)
Sounds like you’ve thought it through. Your tank is really consuming the nutrients!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back