Wrasse copper power in qt?

CK00020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Labout wrasse that I have had for a week, I used what is a version of humblefish’s qt regimen. I started him in 1.0ppm then slowly ramped it up to 2.18 I believe is what I got to yesterday, then he started to have some side effects. He was bumping into stuff and just generally didn’t look good, so after watching a bit I got concerned and did a water change and put carbon in the aqua clear, he is looking back to normal today. So I guess my question is any advice on how I proceed? I mean I didn’t think he was going to make it so I am unsure if I should continue copper or should I continue running carbon and maybe some cuprisorb to get rid of the copper, or leave it at the current level 1.40? image.jpg

shblink

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the wrasse is acting normal in lower amounts of copper, i'd just keep it there and watch it.
Better than no copper and better than stressing it out in higher concentrations

Sam816

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long before I remove the copper
4 weeks but i don't think keeping copper at close to half strength will help. may be you can do TTM instead.
Not everyone is fan of TTM but I don't think your wrasse will survive required copper QT.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Your level is above treatment level. Bring it down to 1.25-1.5
Remember this is qt to assure nothing unwelcome comes into display. 30 days at low dosage is sufficient

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your level is above treatment level. Bring it down to 1.25-1.5
Remember this is qt to assure nothing unwelcome comes into display. 30 days at low dosage is sufficient
@HotRocks has reported the minimum level for treating ich to be 1.5. He has also mentioned copper resistant ich coming from sub therapeutic copper levels, so I would be weary of treating below that level.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
@HotRocks has reported the minimum level for treating ich to be 1.5. He has also mentioned copper resistant ich coming from sub therapeutic copper levels, so I would be weary of treating below that level.
Unless I missed something, are you treating for ich??

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 81 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back