Wrasse in hiding

Averhoeven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a blue star leopard wrasse 2 days ago. He's in a QT by himself with a bowl of sand. I assume he's in the sand since there's really no way out of the tank and I can't see him. How long should I give him to come out before I worry? I haven't seen him in like 2 days. I put a few mysis in and he doesn't come out, I'm hoping he eats them when I'm not around. My yellow coris did this for almost a week but now is out all the time.

OP
OP
A

Averhoeven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a bright ceiling light in the room and plenty of sunlight. Should I put a light directly above it?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have quarantined many leopards. Most of them will not come out of sand much without light directly above the tank.

I have 3 potters in QT now. They are the most responsive to light IME. I can turn light off watch them go in the sand that quickly, same with lights on they come out immediately.

Leopards in general are tough to adapt to Aquaria. Rough shippers as well.

Offering live foods upon arrival is necessary sometimes to get them eating and then they will transition to frozen.

OP
OP
A

Averhoeven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input. Just put a light over it and turned it on. I'll see if he comes out so I can feed him. He has been in a frag tank at the store for probably 2 months now and they just decided to sell him, so I grabbed him. Should mean he'll eat.

OP
OP
A

Averhoeven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I'd update. He came out about 2 days later and eats whatever I dump in the tank. Looking great, thanks!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back