Wrasse injury after API general cure: exit wounds ?

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings. I am Qt’ ing a Naoko fairy wrasse at the moment. He is in day 14 of therapeutic copper. I typically do api general cure near the 14/15 day mark with copper, and transfer the fish to a separate qt for observation.
last night, I added the first dose of api general cure. Fish looked good. This morning, I noticed what appears to be a gash/wound on the side of the fish (see pics).

just wondering - are these parasites that are essentially exiting the fish after the api general cure treatment, or am I dealing with something unrelated to the genera cure ?

should I stay the course with the second shot of genera cure tomorrow?

thanks for your help!

E00169E6-E5AF-4B9F-A61A-439C8089C574.jpeg B370E2C0-EE3A-4890-A4C1-7B097C632910.jpeg FC0FD7D1-C514-4AC8-A7CC-64CA6D620263.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This is a bacterial infection in which copper will do nothing for it
May be injury or exposure to high copper level- what is your level and what kit are you using to check copper?
Are you mixing general cure with the copper?

OP
OP
tenurepro

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a bacterial infection in which copper will do nothing for it
May be injury or exposure to high copper level- what is your level and what kit are you using to check copper?
Are you mixing general cure with the copper?
My copper level is 1.8 measured with Hanna (copper power). Yes I am mixing api general cure and copper - based on experiences of some the experts here. I’ve done it before with no issues. If it is a bacterial infection, wouldn’t the metro in general cure help.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My copper level is 1.8 measured with Hanna (copper power). Yes I am mixing api general cure and copper - based on experiences of some the experts here. I’ve done it before with no issues. If it is a bacterial infection, wouldn’t the metro in general cure help.
Metro works for hoke in head and various bacterial symptoms but in the general cure, it’s at a low concentration
Maracyn 2 will be more effective

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 51 55.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back