Wrasse Suggestions

kingfisherfleshy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a reef safe fish that will eat anything that is considered "nuisance" in tank. Any personal recommendations? I had a six line, and my bristleworms took off after he left. Anyone know of a fish that eats spaghetti worms? Thanks

wireefman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
spagetti worms are not a nuisance.. i wish i had more of them... if u have red flatworms id sugest a melnarous wrasse, yellow corris, or a six line

ndy 1026

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ye:squigglemouth:llow Coris and awesome fish but some of them pick certain corals
i also consider 4line wrasse or Christmas

vince1357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ye:squigglemouth:llow Coris and awesome fish but some of them pick certain corals
i also consider 4line wrasse or Christmas

I never had any issue with my yellow coris going after coral. Very active fish and will eat anything you drop in the tank. I would recommend it also.

gnoles

Equipment Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another vote for the Melenarus wrasse. Mine thinks he's a shark. Constant cruising at the top of the tank and then down on the rocks to find pods. Active fish. Loved watching him take a feather duster and beat it against the rocks to get at the worm inside. He's my best fed fish... a true fat wrasse.

650-IS350

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yellow coris wrasses are work horse in terms of hunting for baddies in your tank. Great especially if your a zoanthids/paly guy.

Crooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yellow coris, radiant, and christmas I have one of each always on the hunt

ShakyJay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big fan of the yellow wrasse...I had a huge flatworm problem, and now I don't.

OP
OP
kingfisherfleshy

kingfisherfleshy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
spagetti worms are not a nuisance.. i wish i had more of them... if u have red flatworms id sugest a melnarous wrasse, yellow corris, or a six line

They were at one point in my tank...all of my rockwork was lined with little yellow tentacles. Now they have settled in, but I dont want them stealing food from my chalice, or doing anything like that...and they look nasty.

So coris, melanarus, or christmas is what im getting from all this.

Loren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wrasse

yellow coris has my vote...but he has a downfall too. I have been trying to trap mine for 2 months because he steals food from the duncans and acans. He's pretty sneaky, and smart enough not to get trapped

650-IS350

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won't bother with lined wrasses like 4-6-8 or 12 lined wrasses... all are PITA. get all agro on other wrasses and newer additions to the tank.

OP
OP
kingfisherfleshy

kingfisherfleshy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This wrasse will be the last fish added to the tank...I have a blue hippo tang...and also a clarkii clown. I am adding another clarkii before the wrasse goes in. Anyone have pictures of theirs? Always makes a thread more fun!

Back