Wrasse swimming at surface

gmcgarry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a silver bellied coris wrasse that I introduced into the tank about 2 weeks ago. For the past day or so it has been swimming at the surface of the water in flow. I don’t think this is normal for wrasses, and I would appreciate any feedback on what anyone thinks this is. I added a blend to the tank yesterday but I thought it had either flukes or inch so I took it out this morning. Do you think it caught something?

image.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a silver bellied coris wrasse that I introduced into the tank about 2 weeks ago. For the past day or so it has been swimming at the surface of the water in flow. I don’t think this is normal for wrasses, and I would appreciate any feedback on what anyone thinks this is. I added a blend to the tank yesterday but I thought it had either flukes or inch so I took it out this morning. Do you think it caught something?

image.jpg
Can you post a short video taken under white light? Linking a video to YouTube works best.

Thanks,

Jay

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

gmcgarry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s still sleeping in the sand bed and acting like normal besides this. Honestly, I think I’m just paranoid since I’ve lost a pair of clowns to brook

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, mine is doing the same thing since I got it last week.

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

If you want to, post a video and we can evaluate the fish for you. There is also this issue:

Jay

Upvote 0

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, mine is doing the same thing since I got it last week.

Did your fish eventually recover and how long if it did? I just noticed my 15 day QT blue-side wrasse starting to swim at the top. Wasn't doing this before. Doesn't appear to be gasping for air or anything either. Just a limp swim behavior which doesn't fair well in a 40B QT with 4 other wrasse.

Upvote 0

mcgullen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did your fish eventually recover and how long if it did? I just noticed my 15 day QT blue-side wrasse starting to swim at the top. Wasn't doing this before. Doesn't appear to be gasping for air or anything either. Just a limp swim behavior which doesn't fair well in a 40B QT with 4 other wrasse.
Does it appear to be aimlessly swimming in circles near the surface? Any sign of its body becoming bent or rigid?

Upvote 0

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back