Wrasse with a problem

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got this carpenter's wrasse with a bad looking, swollen spot on the side. What's it look like?

Wrasse went through 14 days of TTM with two Bangaii Cardinals. Two rounds of general cure. When I transferred them into observation I saw the problem. Thought uronema at first, but it's been three days and is more circular. It behaves and eats completely normal.

Crazy fish jumped and landed on the floor (6 inches) almost every time it was transferred. Thought maybe an injury situation, but not convinced. Treating with kanaplex and metroplex, but I haven't seen any improvement after four days.
Wrasse.png

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough to say, I also thought uronema at first, but it really isn't red enough for that. Circular lesions are often bacterial, as that is typically how a colony of bacteria grows. If it continues to grow, you should consider using a broad spectrum, gram negative antibiotic.

Your experience is one reason I never use TTM - there is just too much of a chance of damaging the fish during transfers. I've been catching fish for 50+ years and I still drop them fairly often (grin).

Jay

OP
OP
V

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback. Been one week so far treating with kanaplex and metroplex every 48 hours. Fish is still behaving as if nothing is wrong.

Would a direct topical application of peroxide be a good idea or not?

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 7.10.08 PM.png

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

• I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

• I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Back