Wrasse with dark spot and lethargic

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I had gotten my wrasse a couple weeks ago, he settled in quickly was active, went out of town a couple of days this week had a family member taking care of the tank, and saw him this morning with something going on trying to get an idea of what it may be and can't find anything
20220310_122241.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, there isn't much red, more of a dark spot the wrasse has just buried himself after i took the pic

Ugh, it could be Uronema. Given the diagonal pattern, and the time frame, I would say that is what it is. I've given up trying to treat that disease, I always fail. Chloroquine can reduce the prevalence of it in fish-only systems, but it doesn't cure the affected fish.

Here is an article on this issue that I posted here:

Jay

OP
OP
Aheinz

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh, it could be Uronema. Given the diagonal pattern, and the time frame, I would say that is what it is. I've given up trying to treat that disease, I always fail. Chloroquine can reduce the prevalence of it in fish-only systems, but it doesn't cure the affected fish.

Here is an article on this issue that I posted here:

Jay
Thank you, i kinda figured he's gunna be a goner which is sad, and unfortunately the tank isnt fish only

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back