OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your set up is quite impressive and I look forward to seeing it progress under your expert tending.
Any bets placed yet on when 215 will be two small for the wrasse collection? ;Hilarious
Thanks Ray. You will need to come down and help move fish over

Following the new adventure!
(With lots of envy on your new tank! :))
Thank you. It hasn’t fully set in yet for me. I’m very lucky and had help getting this upgrade. Friends and Reefco aquariums made it possible.

I will be lurking. ;)
Thanks Simon

@i cant think that might be your playground :D
Thanks for stopping by

@Crabby48 need more wrasse pics!!!!! Hehe
I have some but man they are hard to catch and when I do the colors don’t come out. I should start collecting fish that perch more

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have misread this however:
Do you have the Madagascar half banded flasher, how big is it and got any photos??

By far a VERY nice wrasse but rare and expensive for its life span. Is it as nice as it looks in photos though?

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have misread this however:
Do you have the Madagascar half banded flasher, how big is it and got any photos??

By far a VERY nice wrasse but rare and expensive for its life span. Is it as nice as it looks in photos though?
Madagascar is over 5”. He is a beast but hard to keep in the tank. So far he knocked out a feed door and also knocked a acrylic lid up enough to exscape. His colors are a dark maroon except when excited then the pictures are accurate. It’s hard to beat the Diamond tail for the price. Similar to Madagascar but little less color. I haven’t been able to get a decent picture of him. His body will turn more orange, the blue stripes glow a metallic blue and finish have multi color but mostly red little green mixed in
896A80CF-A90D-455D-986F-417628510B6F.jpeg

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like to hear favorite tangs. I have Achilles so probably won’t add any Acanthurus. Gem tang is on my list and possible yellow or three from Hawaii. I know a secret stash of them bought before Hawaii closing.

Floor was about 3/4” from level leaning forward left. Cut carpet around stand ground down a hump in concrete then poured cement and sealed. Topped it off with 3/4” plywood.
BDB27266-4484-4063-A858-6BF3CF8C12B8.jpeg

Tank back in place and light bracket hung. Other two lights are in use and will get moved over down the road. The 3 whitish colored spots in the stand is where I drilled and epoxied magnets for the doors I removed the hinges so the doors are removable hate tripping over open doors when working on the tank
C7EC663F-B0AE-46A7-B49E-77658DD9B157.jpeg

Got this little gem to keep Rhomboid company while I grew him out. Not sure if I will keep him
6DAB268C-3358-4FF3-AB13-BB3A2CA93FC6.jpeg
61CD9EED-FAEA-4EB6-8894-85039D12276C.jpeg

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like to hear favorite tangs. I have Achilles so probably won’t add any Acanthurus. Gem tang is on my list and possible yellow or three from Hawaii. I know a secret stash of them bought before Hawaii closing.

Floor was about 3/4” from level leaning forward left. Cut carpet around stand ground down a hump in concrete then poured cement and sealed. Topped it off with 3/4” plywood.
BDB27266-4484-4063-A858-6BF3CF8C12B8.jpeg

Tank back in place and light bracket hung. Other two lights are in use and will get moved over down the road. The 3 whitish colored spots in the stand is where I drilled and epoxied magnets for the doors I removed the hinges so the doors are removable hate tripping over open doors when working on the tank
C7EC663F-B0AE-46A7-B49E-77658DD9B157.jpeg

Got this little gem to keep Rhomboid company while I grew him out. Not sure if I will keep him
6DAB268C-3358-4FF3-AB13-BB3A2CA93FC6.jpeg
61CD9EED-FAEA-4EB6-8894-85039D12276C.jpeg
That fish is beautiful!

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice! I am along for the ride I have a wrasse dom. tank well in theory I have been have some real bad luck getting them shipped in. I hate to say it I have lost more then made it. either DOA or just disappears in the tank never to be seen again after adding. where talking the easy wrasses then a cpl not so good shippers like the leopards.
so I am kinda living through you...HA after the new year I am gonna try again hopefully they make it.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gone for a day ,and Crabby's got a new build thread... ;) :cool:
I’m haven’t you realized I can’t be left unsupervised

nice! I am along for the ride I have a wrasse dom. tank well in theory I have been have some real bad luck getting them shipped in. I hate to say it I have lost more then made it. either DOA or just disappears in the tank never to be seen again after adding. where talking the easy wrasses then a cpl not so good shippers like the leopards.
so I am kinda living through you...HA after the new year I am gonna try again hopefully they make it.
Thanks for following! I was following you in the beginning then you fell off my watch list. Earlier I was trying to remember you or build thread name to refollow. You made that easy for me lol.

I’m sorry for wrasse struggles. I get mine locally and that helps a lot. Also if you have a little tank to put them in and eat to build strength for a few days or weeks before putting in display I find that helps specially with shipped fish that never been properly conditioned.
Where you buy wrasse has a lot to do with success when they are being shipped. Find a place that qt’s and conditions the fish. That way the strong will ship when healthy and eating.

If I can pass info I learned to help with wrasse I will just ask

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All 1” drains plumed. One is full siphone and two emergencies. One emergency base gate valve if needed but also takes extra water when overflow box level rises. I recommend cutting pvc with a miter saw if possible. Clean straight cuts that are exact lengths. I used the pvc clamps from brs and like them a lot when keeping pipe tight to stand
EF62723E-4EF5-4DB2-A0FF-11FC01FF5696.jpeg
0270260C-8DD4-4E7B-9719-C76B2E2B5A1B.jpeg

Started plumbing returns. Again I fit everything dry before glueing. I’m this picture you can see how the 1 1/4” elbow with reducer fits snug to the bulkhead. I didn’t use true union ball valves because I will rarely remove the pipe and when needed I’ll just raise the line lock above water level.
1D2458FF-730C-4651-95FB-F65AD4B63537.jpeg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, someone was planning this for a while.

I like the starfish star.

A few questions :
- Does Santa use a submarine instead of a sleigh?
- Do the sharks replace the reindeer?

Gotta love Christmas,
Jim
If I remember right this is a Christmas decoration in a public Aquarium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back