Wrong address fish from my uncle help - Compatibility Question

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a wrong address fish shipment and i need to know if the following are compadible in my 60 gallon reef:
Current stock:
5 bluegreen chromis
2 ocellaris clownfish
1 yellow tang
1 yellow eyed kole tang
1 yellow coris wrasse
1 diamond watchman goby

New fish:
1 clown goby
3 firefish

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be okay. I don't see any red flags fish wise, but space is tight as it is. The new inhabitants are peaceful fish and you may be best placing them inside of an acclimation box within the tank just to be safe. You can place the goby and firefish together, but note that the firefish may duke it out with one another. They're very tricky in groups.

kyleinpdx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait, did you just get a box dropped off at your door, opened it and it was live fish?

I've only ever gotten bogus amazon crap so someone overseas could leave a fake review...

OP
OP
A

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait, did you just get a box dropped off at your door, opened it and it was live fish?

I've only ever gotten bogus amazon crap so someone overseas could leave a fake review...
Yea but I knew the shipment was meant to go to my uncle I will bring over most it today minus the clown goby and a single firefish he said I could take what I want and drive over anything I don't want so there it is.

OP
OP
A

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be okay. I don't see any red flags fish wise, but space is tight as it is. The new inhabitants are peaceful fish and you may be best placing them inside of an acclimation box within the tank just to be safe. You can place the goby and firefish together, but note that the firefish may duke it out with one another. They're very tricky in groups.
Going to try to drive over 2 of the firefish to his house. He is letting keep a the clown goby and a single firefish.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to agree that with the 2 Tangs the 60 gallon might be getting a little tight (with an eye towards aggression). But enjoy your new pets. ;Cat

OP
OP
A

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why don't you take all the fish to your uncle?
He did not feel comfortable with the long drive so he told me to keep the smaller firefish and the goby plus this is the 2nd time this has happened whenever this happens he usually just lets me keep a few.

OP
OP
A

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looked like I was going to have to keep everything so instead I brought two of the firefish over but allegedly they don't look so hot right now in his tank...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back