Wrongly dosed Randy's recipe 1 ....raised 3dkh in couple of hours

fr3n0z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, evidently noob here.

My KH was 7, yesterday i've made a batch of randy's alk recipe 2 and dosed to raise 1dkh, in the late afternoon kh was up to 8...this morning was back to 7 so around midday i've made a batch of randy recipe 1 since my ph was 8.1....i've dosed 10ml (as in chemistry calculator) and put them in the return pump area (i have a 13g AIO) around 3 in the afternoon, checked by evening ad kh was still 7 so i stupidly decide do dose again 10ml and put it in display area. Well, by 10 oclock KH was 9 and now, past midnight is at 10. Is a fairly new tank with 2 ocellaris, 1 amboniensis, 2 turbo, 3 nassarius, 1 xenia pumping, 1 briareum green and 1 sarcophyton (toadstool) that closed up around 11.

What do i do? just pray or can do something active? For what i've got reading here 1dkh in 24hrs is okay, 1.5 is limit.

AnyNameYouWish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I raised my tank 1.5-2 dkh in like 15 minutes . I accidentally got the math wrong on brs two part, I only had a digi some monties and like two chalices. I will say they were not happy most ticked off was the digi and Miami hurricane chalice…I just let it drop naturally and from memory they all survived.

it was definitely a face palm ‍

xCry0x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've raised my tank 3 dhk in 24 hours multiple times (from 7->10) and nothing bad has happened.

I wouldn't make a habit out of it.. My bigger concern would be the short term PH spike if you dropped a huge dose of soda ash.

OP
OP
fr3n0z

fr3n0z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I raised my tank 1.5-2 dkh in like 15 minutes . I accidentally got the math wrong on brs two part, I only had a digi some monties and like two chalices. I will say they were not happy most ticked off was the digi and Miami hurricane chalice…I just let it drop naturally and from memory they all survived.

it was definitely a face palm ‍
I've raised my tank 3 dhk in 24 hours multiple times (from 7->10) and nothing bad has happened.

I wouldn't make a habit out of it.. My bigger concern would be the short term PH spike if you dropped a huge dose of soda ash.
thx for the answer guys, i'll let it ride it out and hope. The sarco this morning is reopen, the gsp have closed during the night but maybe is someone that annoyed him, will see but seems not to bad. Thx

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 70 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back