Wrs still aroun?

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the WRS still around? Haven’t seen any reposts here, or on the WRS’ private message board seems to have fizzled out? Not going to join if there’s nothing happening.

JayRozzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following...Wonder what the 15$ a year gets you. I looked at the site briefly and all I really saw was posts about dues.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
715 reefers be almost non-existent, I think things have gotten pretty quiet here since the paranoia of the zombie apocalypse set in.

OP
OP
dmy535

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
715 reefers be almost non-existent, I think things have gotten pretty quiet here since the paranoia of the zombie apocalypse set in.
dang zombies ‍....
In all seriousness, it’s getting a little out of hand. But to each there own. I for one am not going to let something control my life and I’ll choose to keep living and enjoying every second. Tomorrow is never guaranteed to us, too many hold on to fear.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang zombies ‍....
In all seriousness, it’s getting a little out of hand. But to each there own. I for one am not going to let something control my life and I’ll choose to keep living and enjoying every second. Tomorrow is never guaranteed to us, too many hold on to fear.
preachin to the choir brotha!

SaltH20Danny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WRS Member here. I can say that the $15 is definitely worth it!! Obviously as of the last year, there hasnt been much going on but as a paid member, you get the opportunity to sign up for the bus trip (which goes to Chicago once a year), Summer BBQ, and Xmas Party and are entered in drawings to win prizes such as (Radion lights, tanks, skimmers) Basically thousands of dollars of event prizes every year, except for the last year. As well as meetings once a month at someones house. But just thought I'd chime in my 2 cents. Cheers mates!

Dannyboy

OP
OP
dmy535

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WRS Member here. I can say that the $15 is definitely worth it!! Obviously as of the last year, there hasnt been much going on but as a paid member, you get the opportunity to sign up for the bus trip (which goes to Chicago once a year), Summer BBQ, and Xmas Party and are entered in drawings to win prizes such as (Radion lights, tanks, skimmers) Basically thousands of dollars of event prizes every year, except for the last year. As well as meetings once a month at someones house. But just thought I'd chime in my 2 cents. Cheers mates!

Dannyboy
Thanks. But where do you see this? The group is non existent here. The private forum is non existent as well.... if you pay a “yearly fee” but no events occur during the year because everyone is too scared to do anything seems like a waste... where can you see the giveaways and other stuff because like I said, the private forum group and the forum page here no one talks....

SaltH20Danny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been quiet for the past few months because meetings and such were put on hold and im sure some people are going through the struggle. As far as the $15, i get what your saying about what does it get you for the year nothing happens and to answer you honestly, it gets you nothing. But its $15, if it was $100 I would understand but for me its different. Ive gotten a lot of savings from reef gear as well as corals, ext. that $15 is well worth it for the 5-6 years ive been apart of it. If i were you, id just keep an eye out until things open back up and then do the $15, up to you. Just speaking from experience, its worth it imo.

DannyBoy

Toddah

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the WRS still around? Haven’t seen any reposts here, or on the WRS’ private message board seems to have fizzled out? Not going to join if there’s nothing happening.
IMHO I think alot of people have taken a few steps back not just because of the covid thing but because so many people have become complete a$$holes when it comes to interacting with other people. Insults, harassment and spouting their "opinons" on politics, the virus, the elections and who is patriotic and who is not have soured many people on public interaction because you never know who will be triggered by some innocent remark and bring forth a tirade of personal insults.
If you want groups of people to interact and be frends or just friendly you need to subdue your opinions on these divisive subjects and learn to be nice to each other. We can disagree on bare bottoms, skimmers, water parameters and such but leave political, virus and election outcomes out of these conversations even if there thinly vailed statements. Not saying anyone here is doing this but after the last year many are weary of any public interaction for fear of retribution.

OP
OP
dmy535

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO I think alot of people have taken a few steps back not just because of the covid thing but because so many people have become complete a$$holes when it comes to interacting with other people. Insults, harassment and spouting their "opinons" on politics, the virus, the elections and who is patriotic and who is not have soured many people on public interaction because you never know who will be triggered by some innocent remark and bring forth a tirade of personal insults.
If you want groups of people to interact and be frends or just friendly you need to subdue your opinions on these divisive subjects and learn to be nice to each other. We can disagree on bare bottoms, skimmers, water parameters and such but leave political, virus and election outcomes out of these conversations even if there thinly vailed statements. Not saying anyone here is doing this but after the last year many are weary of any public interaction for fear of retribution.
I like bare bottoms!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back