• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WTB 3D printed deflectors for the intake side of the Gyre XF350

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The XF350 has a plastic deflector that snaps on to the cage around the rotor/fan blades on the outflow side. Does anyone have the ability to make them for the intake side? They would be slightly larger as the intake side takes up more circumference.

I actually do not care about deflecting or regulating the intake, but the bonus is that they shade the blades so they do not grow algae, significantly reducing maintenance and improving the pump operation. I run the same direction blades (I.e. both A or both B) on the same pump, so the flow alternates between sides of the pump as I alternate forward/reverse speeds to randomize flow.

Please let me know if this is something you can make! Would be interested in several. Thank you!

Tim

Fishyjoey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your idea of running the same direction blades on both sides of the pump.
Hope you can find someone to print your parts.

3D Reefin'

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The XF350 has a plastic deflector that snaps on to the cage around the rotor/fan blades on the outflow side. Does anyone have the ability to make them for the intake side? They would be slightly larger as the intake side takes up more circumference.

I actually do not care about deflecting or regulating the intake, but the bonus is that they shade the blades so they do not grow algae, significantly reducing maintenance and improving the pump operation. I run the same direction blades (I.e. both A or both B) on the same pump, so the flow alternates between sides of the pump as I alternate forward/reverse speeds to randomize flow.

Please let me know if this is something you can make! Would be interested in several. Thank you!

Tim

Tim,

I think I can print you some. Send me PM and we can figure out the details.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 46 47.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 51 53.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • None.

Votes: 25 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.4%
Back