• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WTB Diamond-tail Flasher Wrasse

DukeOfSavoy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for one of the hardest to find fish, the Diamond-tail Flasher Wrasse(paracheilinus attenuatus). Anybody seen one for sale or knows who can get one? I think I've emailed every online retailer who carries any kind of flasher wrasse, but no luck. There were two females on Diver'sDen several weeks ago but someone was able to checkout faster than I was and stole them.
Any help would be magnificent.

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't confirm inventory but I'd hit up Zoacollector, Among the Reef and Pacific Island Aquatics

OP
OP
DukeOfSavoy

DukeOfSavoy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies
Dodgerblew: I had emailed ZoaCollector before and they said they will likely not have any. The other two I'm waiting to hear back from.
Jonty: I have been in contact with Mike at NYAqutics for the past few months, most recently two days ago and he is having a very hard time trying to locate them. So no luck there either.
I have been in contact with two exporters in Kenya(where almost all the diamond-tails are sourced from), one said that they have them only rarely and the other said they have them about every three months or so. The craziest thing about it is that when they do have them the Diamond-tail Flasher Wrasses are $8.95 usd a piece, which is a heartbreaker that they are sold here at upwards of $300 but there's a lot of shipping and taxes inbetween. Just interesting

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Survival rate on these has been poor for me it took 4 tries before I got one to last past 8 weeks

OP
OP
DukeOfSavoy

DukeOfSavoy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? I didn't know that there was a problem with them. The terminal phase I've seen sold on LiveAquaria before usually look rather beat-to-hell looking, which I can only assume is either poor handling and/or a longer journey because of their collection areas. The two initial phase they had on LA recently (makes me want to cry when I think about missing them, plus they were 25%) looked quite plump and healthy.
IMG_9107.jpg IMG_9115.jpg

OP
OP
DukeOfSavoy

DukeOfSavoy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna give this a BUMP. If anyone can find one for me, I would be willing to discuss a finders fee lol.
I thought a had one acquired but the HK seller decided he didn't want to ship the fish. He notified me that he had one coming in, and asked if I wanted it for $100 USD. I said yes and was even willing to pay the $120 freight, but he changed his mind and sold it. What a horrible way to do business.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back