• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WTB: Interceptor Tablets

CoralDanimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a small infestation of black bugs I'd love to eradicate via Interceptor. If anyone has spare tablets laying around, I'd love to buy them off of you if possible. Shipping would be to California and I'd happily pay the cost of shipping as well.

Best,
Dan

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll piggy back on this... if someone has enough to fulfill the OP, I’m in need as well :) thanks so much!

implusebuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im interested as well. Not panicking yet but its getting there. THANKS!!!

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
which interceptor are you looking for ? , i remember i used Big dog pills interceptor .

Justanano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you have to go to a vet to get these....it can't be bought without a vet

SK_maui

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious were you able to get interceptor without a vet? my vet said that can't do it for coral lol. And how did you do with your black bugs? I had them years ago and they eventually starved to death after all my sps died.......

OP
OP
CoralDanimal

CoralDanimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious were you able to get interceptor without a vet? my vet said that can't do it for coral lol.
Yes actually! I ordered them here and they delivered.

And how did you do with your black bugs? I had them years ago and they eventually starved to death after all my sps died.......
So I might have gone through all of that 'black bug' stress for nothing. I chronicled a lot of it here - https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/are-these-acro-eating-black-bugs.785358/ - but I'm starting to think what I thought to be black bugs were actually ostracods.

I've seen people show videos of their black bugs and they smaller, faster, and blacker then what I have. I have these grayish (almost marbled) slow moving sushi-roll shaped critters. I discovered them months ago sliding around on the dead tissue of the base of some of my SPS primarily my soft-skin acros (Hawkins Echinata, Valida, Red Dragon). I assumed these critters were the cause of the STN. I dipped all my SPS multiple times and I still saw them. I then did a 4X treatment of interceptor and seemingly they were unfazed (as were my snails), which doesn't line up with others' experiences of black bugs. Meanwhile my acros are doing great. Although I can still see the critters at night, I haven't seen them on my SPS and my SPS are experiencing zero STN (they're actually thriving right now). So my tank is sort of in 'black bug investigation' hiatus, but I have more interceptor and I'm ready to go up to 8X dosage if I believe I have them / they're creating problems.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back